Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the rear diff?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danroyd

hey does anyone know if the cir clip that locks the drive shaft into the rear diff on the right hand side is supposed to be on the shaft its self or inside the diff?

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

the snap rings are normally in the diff on rear .

danroyd

ok there isnt one in mine do you know how i would go about putting one in? will i have to pull the diff apart? do you know what the part number is also? cheers

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

fit it on shaft and insert, I don't have p/n off hand, mr burrows may have but you might be best sourcing old one as new ones can be awkard fit and want ride out of shaft .
I've had front ones before and it common part stocked, rears likely common part too so local friendly nissan parts guy should be able help out .

EDIT
38225W1200
c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the  rear diff? Rear_final_drive

danroyd

ok yea i went to nissan and the guy said theres one listed for the left but not the right so he gave me the left one and i put it on the drive shaft but then it wouldnt slide the whole way in but maybey he gave me the wrong one, ill take this picture to him and see if its different. cheers!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I know the front shaft only has it on one side. You sure it’s not in there hence why it did not have one and fitting a second is the reason it won’t fit and not the fact it’s a wrong part

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

They all have clips front and rear from what I recall, drivers side RH has it found on driveshaft and passenger side LH has it found in the diff assembly .
Like johnny pointing out really need check clip grooves in the diff and where the clip/clips gone, also that side gear lined up proper .
LH side more a concern as viscous pack sits that side and clip is within that on side gear and whether easily fitted via shaft like RH would need visually checking. Is possible clip supplied wrong too, also new clips can be super tight to fit .

danroyd

yes pretty sure the clip isnt in the diff i looked in it with a torch and now ive taken the diff out and taken the back off it to see if it had fallen into the body. so the left and right side clips are exactly the same? because i will steal the one from the left shaft and try it on the right then if it goes in i know its just the wrong clip.

Cheers

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Can you see the location groove both sides for the clips, how does clip you got compare to new one you sourced and what p/n of new one .
only other part number I see on different part system is 3822565A05 and that listed for RH so maybe look into that one, If don't get much luck with nissan parts see if someone got used clips they can post you via wanted section or have more info on the shaft side clips .
@burrow1980 may be able help as he ordered rear shaft clips when doing his rebuild .

danroyd

The clip from the left side seems to be exactly the same as the one nissan gave me but ive just tried the left one on the right side and it still doesnt slide in it must be different or you must have to fit into the diff first?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Are you fitting a plated type diff?

If so there are two different ends to the shafts, they are not the same as viscous type diff

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Has he also got ends right sides and has he tested shaft fitting with no clips .

danroyd

c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the  rear diff? 15156910

This was the diff in it im assuming its just the standard lsd?

Last edited by danroyd on 11th January 2018, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

14c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the  rear diff? Empty right hand side shaft 11th January 2018, 7:13 pm

danroyd

c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the  rear diff? 15156911c clip for rhd cv drive shaft that locks it into the  rear diff? 15156911

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

yeh that a o/s driverside shaft end

does it fit in fully with no clip on it
was it paired and used with this diff before or is it selection of parts coming together for first time .

If was plated diff then n/s shaft end is used both sides .

I think you will also find the c-clip used on the viscous diff o/s is indeed different size/diameter to the n/s and you probably have 2 n/s c-clip and need source 1 o/s c-clip .
o/s c-clip p/n for standard o/s shaft and viscous diff looks to be 3822565A05 .

danroyd

yes it was in the car when i got it but it wasnt locked into the diff but does slide the whole way in. That part number is the one that nissan gave me but the ring seems to be too fat to sit in the groove and as soon as i put it on it doesnt slide in properly is there a thinner one?

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

either try p/n in post 4 and see if clip differs or see if someone can send you a used clip for that side shaft .
Sometimes new clips so stiff can be real pain get in even if right clip for it .

danroyd

Ok I finally got it to lock in!!!!! i had the right clip they are the same both sides but on the right side you have to insert the clip into a groove inside the diff first (which is a right pain in the ass) then you can slide the axle in and it locks in Razz thank you for all your help!!!!!

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Glad you sorted it.
Looks like the nissan fast image was right and shows both clips same, nissan4u shows it different with one clip found in diff image and other found in shaft image .

danroyd

yea even when i went into nissan they didnt know what was going on lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum