Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas on how to remove weight from front end

+6
gtir_woody
BEBB GTIR
Mr B
ROB_IOW
johnny gtir
Ryaneg6freak
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ducie54

ducie54

Personally I wouldn't use a n14 rack unless u can get a different ratio. There is a big weight difference over the front wheels between a 2wd and 4wd, not to mention the tyre size difference.

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ryaneg6freak wrote: You can, but then the steering would be extremely heavy.  Manual racks for some reason tend to steer much much easier than a power rack with the fluid removed.  I don't really know why, but it is so.  

Think you'll find it due to the ratio of the gear inside the rack. I.e on a rack with power steering you might get 2 turns on the steering wheel each way whereas a manual would be 3 as its lower geared.

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

pulsarmoley wrote:
Ryaneg6freak wrote: You can, but then the steering would be extremely heavy.  Manual racks for some reason tend to steer much much easier than a power rack with the fluid removed.  I don't really know why, but it is so.  

Think you'll find it due to the ratio of the gear inside the rack. I.e on a rack with power steering you might get 2 turns on the steering wheel each way whereas a manual would be 3 as its lower geared.

That's what I suspect as well and I certainly wouldn't switch out the GTi-R's already abysmal ratio rack for one that's even worse.

And yea Nigel, I agree. I remember a day when you could get a Quaife manual rack for a Honda Civic that only had 2.5 turns from lock to lock.  I really hate that the damn GTi-R has nothing like that available. The factory steering ratio is a little slow for my tastes, especially in autocross situations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum