Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

boot lid struts

+2
Gtirchris
Zia
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 boot lid struts Empty boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 6:09 pm

Zia

Any place does new rear boot lid struts?mine are buggered .don't fancy wasting money on second hand items

thanks zia

2 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 6:13 pm

Gtirchris

I got the ones on my celica done by a company called sgs engineering, llrc they were pretty reasonable as well.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

3 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 6:50 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4563-rear-boot-struts

4 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 8:36 pm

mike74

mike74

I got mine from sgs too. Had to send the old ones to them in to see if they could regas them...they couldnt! They fitted my brackets to new struts though. Not the cheapest replacements but getting the original brackets fitted to new struts meant they fitted properly...
Smile

5 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 8:58 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4563-rear-boot-struts

Top link Monsieur B!
Mine have been buggered for years but never got round to sourcing new ones.
Just ordered 2, delivered for £40!

6 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 9:55 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Just bought some too!

7 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 11th March 2018, 10:19 pm

mike74

mike74

The ones in the sgs website for 15 quid arent the correct ones. They come with a socket to fit onto balls that connect to the car, which our motors dont have. They sent me a set of these first then when I asked about buying the screw-on ball attachments they recommended i sent them back for the correct style or get my old ones regassed.
15 quid each soon turned into about 40 each after paying to send the incorrect cheaper ones back and getting my brackets fitted to new struts.
Just my experience but be prepared to pay more than the website indicates. At the very least you might have to buy the ball thingys separately and bolt them onto the existing brackets...

8 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 12th March 2018, 7:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If SGS ones have wrong type fitting then what they sent is not n14 or rnn14 correct as they all use same part .
I've used Kilan before and had a late n14 lx I stripped for few panels, door seals, switches, motors etc etc and rear trunk struts too as in good order .
£40 each getting bit pricey but if quality strut and proper fit I could live with it although the n14 lx breaker was pretty much that price for whole car ...

edit:
On a break having my iced green tea so used company computer look at manufacturers based on oem part number.
Triscan do them and seem have brackets included too and not expensive .
Triscan p/n 871014218 Kilen p/n 442033 - Nissan p/n 9045150C00 (left)
Triscan p/n 871014217 Kilen p/n 442032 - Nissan p/n 9045050C00 (right)

9 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 12th March 2018, 9:09 am

mike74

mike74

The ones they sent first would have fitted and had the correct stroke etc. The ends needed those little screwed-on ball thingy's attached on to our original brackets to make them work.
I suggested initially that I simply buy the ball thingy's and fit them to my original brackets (probably another £10 or so) but they "wouldn't recommend" that approach.
The approach they did recommend ended up costing a lot more  Sad
*shock*
Hopefully they don't try and pull that one again...

10 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 12th March 2018, 6:17 pm

Zia

Cheers guys ordered the one listed, then i rang them up to confirm if they are correct,just like mike said the one listed don't fit Gtir.they asked me to send mine in if i wanted them done.

Zia

11 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 12th March 2018, 8:19 pm

mike74

mike74

Yeah their website is pretty misleading really. It even has a picture of an n14 hatchback to click on but the parts dont fit! Sad

12 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 13th March 2018, 9:09 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh makes you wonder what it meant to fit as n14 and rnn14 parts cross according to fast .
Would be good if they included ball studs so could mod your own bracket .

13 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 13th March 2018, 9:20 am

mike74

mike74

*agree*
I don't know why but they seemed to be reluctant to sell the ball studs to fit to those (incorrect) struts. Maybe just because that would be cheaper? I personally didn't see any issue with fitting them to the struts and original brackets...
here's a picture of the ball studs we're speaking about:
 boot lid struts Ball10

14 boot lid struts Empty Re: boot lid struts 13th March 2018, 1:06 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Just phoned them up, and yes, the original ones need to be sent out instead :-(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum