Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HKS Cam timing...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HKS Cam timing...  Empty HKS Cam timing... 2nd January 2018, 10:43 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Hi guys,
Can any one tell me if the standard timing set is what would also be used on a set of HKS 262 (i think 262) cams. I will double check the number... let me find the paper work.
Im tryin to establish if the timing has jumped.. I removed the chain tensioner and then numpty nuts here tries to remove the belt pulley.... (for painting the block) when trying to get the bolt undone I dont know if the chain manages to jump a tooth or im just being over cautios. The timing set up looks nothing like the standard pulsar set up in the manuels.

2HKS Cam timing...  Empty Re: HKS Cam timing... 2nd January 2018, 11:44 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes hks cams fitted with sprockets/chain in same link alignment as standard, any adjustment done via vernier cam pulleys .
Obviously the alignment chain links only line up when fresh install a chain but sprocket position should look like pics and the 2 sprocket holes should run in the middle of holes to the head edge.
On rebuilds I mill short lines on sprockets so alignment to head edge stands out easily .
Thread link below may help visualise it for you as bob added a nice pic of sprocket position .
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5551-compression-to-high-after-rebuild

3HKS Cam timing...  Empty Re: HKS Cam timing... 3rd January 2018, 7:24 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks very much Mr B, I will have a check of it this evening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum