Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

timing up ??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1timing up ??  Empty timing up ?? 6th August 2014, 11:50 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

hi

im timing up the admission sproket set to 10 oclock and exhaust to 2 oclock and the distrubutor is set to around 20minuits past as well hope that all makes sence but the problem is how do i time up the bottem end ? as i havent got the oil pump on so i cant put the pully on to find out .... im obviously panicking too much and losing my brain as on the last gtir i didnt have any hassle retimming it up ... thanks sam

2timing up ??  Empty Re: timing up ?? 6th August 2014, 12:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if the oil pump isn't on then its a doddle to do

on the bottom of the crank sprocket youll see a punch mark so you line this up with the bright link on the chain then the other 2 bright links will fit directly over the indent marks on cam sprockets
then once you've done that turn engine clockwise slightly so theres no play in the rh side of chain then fit the chain tensioner and tap the holder link on tensioner so it springs out and takes up the tension
job done

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3timing up ??  Empty Re: timing up ?? 6th August 2014, 8:18 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

thanks bob

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum