Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filler

+4
Daveymeladdy
ROB_IOW
johnny gtir
Mr B
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 7th December 2017, 7:05 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

God yous lot panic a lot there are people driving the roads with no insurance. Sharp edges as there bumper is off. Bin liners as a window. Long as something is ther and it flashes orange it would be a harsh copper to fine or give you points

27Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 7th December 2017, 10:30 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Fair point, the police are useless down here anyway

28Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 7th December 2017, 3:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Things is those with no insurance normally not registered so don't care and evade fines by not stopping, from being untraceable or not turning up for courts or paying fines if do, it mr joe average with more valuable pride and joy that gets the hassle and modded cars is easy pickings and the police know that unfortunately .

29Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 7th December 2017, 11:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

That is also true B as easy money for them and less hassle as they pay up and looks good on statistics

30Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 8th December 2017, 2:07 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ yeh that about it ...
don't think he got much worry about over an indicator but it one of those mods that with worse case scenario wrong cop or wrong accident it can become ballache .

31Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 21st December 2017, 8:56 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Got an update on this now it's sprayed, just need to wire in the LED's and fit, more pics to follow...
Filler - Page 2 Img_3927

32Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 21st December 2017, 8:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I like the overall shape and spray looks good not sure I like the non uniform led's

33Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 21st December 2017, 9:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks really good, keen to see it fitted and all wired up.

34Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 22nd December 2017, 10:15 am

typeritr

typeritr

Looking forward to seeing this fitted now. It is a nice mod to do. Especially if you have an indicator lying around. Is there a lot of filler / fiberglass needed?

35Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 22nd December 2017, 11:31 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Not really loads of filler required to do it, just need the patience! Something I have very little of so probably could have got it even better if I tried. My only regret so far is not keeping some of the plastic front so it sits flush with the bodywork, i sat it in the hole earlier and it does look good, I want to finish it off before the big reveal

36Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 27th December 2017, 9:08 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Ok, I've made a school boy error with this. I have forgotten to allow for the removed plastic and rubber edging. I also did t have the car at home so couldn't offer it up to the hole to check it. I have now rubbed it down again and started packing out the edges to make it fit better... Filler - Page 2 Img_4016
Filler - Page 2 Img_4017
Filler - Page 2 Img_4018

37Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 27th December 2017, 9:15 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nightmare mate but your just the man to sort it

38Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 27th December 2017, 10:42 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Ok, so rubbed it down and filled out the edges so it sits in the gap better (without actually touching the bodywork) and then belended the new shape into the curves of the intake. Just got to prime and paint again now ????‍�
Filler - Page 2 Img_4019
Filler - Page 2 Img_4020
Filler - Page 2 Img_4021

39Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 27th December 2017, 11:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think that's looks better than the gap you had mate Wink

40Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 30th March 2018, 9:04 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

So... finally got round to sorting this out again...
Filler - Page 2 95671210
Filler - Page 2 D5667910
Filler - Page 2 954f3910
The photos don’t really do it justice, it’s a lot brighter when stood in front of it.
Just wondering if I need to put anything behind it to direct the Cold air. The incoming air will find its way into the engine bay anyway I would have thought. Might be good for general cooling as well. I’ve got a standard air box fitted so the cold air intake is about 6 inches away from the back of the new vent

41Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 30th March 2018, 9:35 am

mike74

mike74

Could you not replace the standard air box snorkel with something a little larger and connected to the back of the intake? That way you'd get some sort of ram air effect when driving Very Happy

42Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 30th March 2018, 10:09 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

That was one idea, although I’d quite like to keep the snorkel. I might just put an elbow on the back of the vent so it directs air to the area where it’s being sucked in. Don’t have to worry about loads of crap being pushed down the intake that way as well

43Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 30th March 2018, 11:59 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I cut and flared out the inner arch to direct the air . Otherwise air is just going stright inside the wing. .

There are pic's somewhere on here

44Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 31st March 2018, 12:07 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks like a good fit mate.

45Filler - Page 2 Empty Re: Filler 31st March 2018, 10:20 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks like a great job Dave well done fella .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum