Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear quarter replacement

+3
johnny gtir
Daveymeladdy
pulsarmoley
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rear quarter replacement Empty Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 6:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

So as my resto continues I looking at my options. I'm thinking I'll replace both rear quarters, my question is...
Are they only available through Nissan, (if still available of course) or does a company make them?

2Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 6:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I don't think I've seen a whole rear qaurter only the arch repair ones ..isn't it the roof and rear qaurters all one panel think I remember reading it somewhere ....

3Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 7:03 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I'm sure Mike Lambert told me he has thse

4Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 7:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Would be intresting to see where they start and stop and price ...

5Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 7:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

nomad wrote:I don't think I've seen a whole rear qaurter only the arch repair ones ..isn't it the roof and rear qaurters all one panel think I remember reading it somewhere ....

Was one on e bay couple month back mate

Guess pete is referring to the repair ones like you say as full ones would be major Crash damage repair if it’s rusted up ther somethings wrong or it’s getting them fitted so they last another 20 year but floor will be gone before that

6Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 7:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah yes Leighton you could right, I didn't check the top to see where it joins. My arch is completely shot at the back and that vent behind the bumper is fooked too...

7Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 8:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure the repair panel goes to the vent section ...

8Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 8:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.carz2.co.uk/nissan-sunny-n14-sedhb-91-95-sidewall-45-drs-wheelarch-repair-panel-left-rear-kk1628581-96443-p.asp

9Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 15th October 2017, 9:14 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah yes, thank you sir. Will need an inner part to that vent too...

10Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 21st October 2017, 5:38 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

If I could get a whole quarter, along with both whole inner turrets, I would have already. Michael Lambert has told me all are unavailable.

11Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 29th January 2018, 9:14 pm

boyciegtir325

Following on from the link that Leighton put up earlier, carz2.co.uk, are those rear quarter panels a direct fit? also what sills do I need for a 1990 gtir, and are these a direct fit ? Thanks in advance.

12Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 30th January 2018, 9:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure how you would say a direct fit as it has to be cut out .... rear repair panel is ... but sills are for 5 door iirc so need to be cut down in length but any competent welder will do that with ease ...

13Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 30th January 2018, 10:57 pm

boyciegtir325

understood, cheers Leighton.

14Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 30th January 2018, 11:16 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah the arch repair is also for the N14 5 door so as Leighton says is just a template to cut out and use for the arch. Bloody arches are a nuisance lol

15Rear quarter replacement Empty Re: Rear quarter replacement 30th January 2018, 11:56 pm

boyciegtir325

cheers Shroom, yeah I'm gonna take the rubber /plastic trim off, there a bloody water magnet, just right for rust. I'll keep the trims tho, there worth about £500 now !!!!!!! lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum