Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

+3
johnny gtir
Mr B
nismonkey
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New member  Empty New member 26th August 2017, 2:26 pm

nismonkey

Hi Im in Texas USA how are you guys doing? I sure am glad you guys added me Pulsars are a rare breed here not too many. Any help I could get along the way will be appreciated . And if there are any entrepreneurs among you that want to do an import/export thing with me ,maybe we can deal ! lol So anyway im building a 1992 Sentra SE-R with a 1994 GTiR engine and Im wondering what you guys do with that big goofy oil filter housing ? Seems like most everybody is happy with it and keep it along with the oem oil cooler. What about a bypass block that can get bolted to the engine in place of that big old goofey filter housing ? and im not talking about a sandwich adapter either , im talking about getting rid of that thing and sending the oil to a separate oil filter housing and then sending it thru a separate front mount oil cooler then back ?

2New member  Empty Re: New member 26th August 2017, 4:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Mazworx do one ...
http://www.mazworx.com/store/p/134-Mazworx-SR20DET-GTi-R-Oil-Block-Adapter.aspx
not cheap but it proper decent design/made .
New member  Mazworx-oilplate
Oz gtir group done one too few years back ,
So did Canada gtir group .
New member  Oilplate

3New member  Empty Re: New member 26th August 2017, 6:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just depends how far a relocation kit plus oil cooler lines take it as would pumping it right round make much difference ?

4New member  Empty Re: New member 26th August 2017, 11:46 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ive got both, the mazworx one is really nice and the inlet/outlets on the side make things easier. I currently have the OZ group buy one on my car and no complaints, on the earlier versions one fitting sits very close to the power steering bracket.

5New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 3:58 am

nismonkey

I designed and made one that is very close to stock one the inside, I improved oil scavenging by making the oil galley section a lot deeper , it has ports on both side that accept the factory oil pressure sender and also the oil temp sender. And this lets me mount a small alternator on the backside of the engine. I have also designed and fabricated the new alternator brackets ! pictures coming soon with it all hooked up.

6New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 4:17 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Sounds very cool, looking forward to seeing more mate

7New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 4:29 am

nismonkey

Well Fiddlesticks ! I just learn that i have to use a publicly accessible host for my pictures. Which host do you guys use ? like photobucket of flicker ? i have pictures now of the block, front and back side . I could maybe share tonight its already 11:30 pm here , but thank god it friday !!

8New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 4:36 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This is what I use to post pics on the forum

http://www.postimage.org/

9New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 4:56 am

nismonkey

... And to reply to GTi-R Johnny.... its not so much for making a difference in the cooling of the oil . it is for putting your alternator in the back so you can put a larger turbo on, and it also frees up space for front mount intercooler piping. and i still have air conditioner also

10New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:00 am

nismonkey

heres the pictures ... hopefully i did it right

11New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:04 am

nismonkey

here try this.................. [img]New member  0818171813-00[/img]

12New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:09 am

nismonkey

this .................... [img]New member  0818171737-00[/img]

13New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:16 am

nismonkey

here is the back of the factory one [img]New member  0811171214-00[/img]

14New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:19 am

nismonkey

i also make a water pump block off plate so you can use an electric water pump to save on parasitic drain of spinning water ! I use a meziere water pumpand a Davies Craig water pump controller New member  <a href=New member  0822171822-00" />

Last edited by nismonkey on 7th October 2017, 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total

15New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 5:23 am

nismonkey

and the oil bypass is going to let me put my oil filter where i can get at it , so i use one of these ...it has two in/two out ports [img]New member  0820171341-00[/img]

16New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 6:09 am

nismonkey

and here is the small alternator that i mount behind the engine just above the oil bypass block, gives you a ton of room up front for a huge turbo and 3 inch piping cant fix it

17New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 6:10 am

nismonkey

here [img]New member  0902171018-00[/img]

18New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 6:18 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

nismonkey wrote:... And to reply to GTi-R Johnny.... its not so much for making a difference in the cooling of the oil . it is for putting your alternator in the back so you can put a larger turbo on, and it also frees up space for front mount intercooler piping. and i still have air conditioner also

I was talking on people's thoughts of the oil pump ( not the cooling ) having to pump it further. Once over someone posted on oil filter relocation kits not been the best idea even tho convenient for filter changes

19New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 6:59 am

nismonkey

you are absolutely correct in questioning that ! I questioned it also. preliminary pressure checks at various locations show a maximum drop of 3 P.S.I. , and that was after the filter and after the cooler just prior to return scavenge. I didnt think that was a lot, what do you think ? Anyway im going to be the Guinea pig, and i will let you know if i blow it up . pirat

20New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 7:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Are you running power steering? i had my alternator mounted at the rear of the engine where the power steering pump was by modifying the standard bracket and ran an MR2 electric pump. Decided to change back to standard and simply things though.

21New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 7:15 am

nismonkey

no power steering, i have a manual rack

22New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 7:26 am

nismonkey

my car is stripped of everything not needed to get there quick ![img]New member  1108161649-00[/img]

23New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 7:50 am

nismonkey

it weighs 1960 pounds with me in it and 10 gallons of fuel, its got and aluminum trunk lid and lexan windows [img]New member  0403171747-01[/img] New member  Thumbnail_0603171631-00

24New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 8:04 am

nismonkey

wow i should probably move all these pictures to the gallery Arrow

25New member  Empty Re: New member 7th October 2017, 1:16 pm

nismonkey

stripped / not equipped [img]New member  0131171251-00[/img]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum