Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine removal from gti

+5
Mr B
shroom
johnny gtir
PartyPete
Gostek
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Engine removal from gti Empty Engine removal from gti 26th March 2017, 9:12 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Hi all. This week I'll getting engine out from wife's Little Miss Sunshine and I was wondering if you guys would have any advises? Will it come outthrough the top or do I drop it?

Thanks Mike

2Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 6:31 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

drop the engine and box onto a pallet, lift the car up and drag the engine out....probably same as the pulsar minus the transfer box and turbo.

3Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 9:49 am

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

No it's not Pete... Gti got sub frame. It actually looks like I could get it out through the top...

4Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 5:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's a dream compared to a pulsar. Mine had a sr20 Det in but just the box so light and splits easy. I would still drop it out the bottom personally. What's it coming out for mate ?

5Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 5:47 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Random oil leaks which I believe is coming from between head and chain cover. So i want to get engine out strip head sump chainc cover and reseale it all... Plus I've got new chain kit for her she's bit rattly in the morning

6Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 6:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nice one keep us posted with pictures

7Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 6:44 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Will do mate once I'll finish wife's one I'm attacking mine...

8Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 6:49 pm

shroom

shroom

Why does she only get a gti not another gtir? She drove the gtir better than you round track haha

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

9Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 27th March 2017, 7:00 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

shroom wrote:Why does she only get a gti not another gtir? She drove the gtir better than you round track haha

Well we couldn't find Gtir for this kind of money...

And yeah she drove it faster than me or your dad piss taker

10Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 28th March 2017, 7:24 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ hahaha ... Shrooms dad drive like a boss . shroom on other hand couldn't drive a stick up a sheeps arse, hahaha, my driving shite too to be fair lol and my dad no stirling moss either :-(

Top or bottom is possible I would do top, just clear more space between inner wing and leave tranny pretty much in place . A lot depends on working space and what equipment you got do the job really . certainly easier than a R and to be honest R is pretty easy if in same order as nissan built them, normally pain with previous bodges or rusted fittings, rest is 1 2 barbecue 3 4 on the floor ...

11Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 28th March 2017, 8:47 am

shroom

shroom

Lol I took my driving licence card out to make sure I took it on the day with the other bits and left it on the dining table so he had to go around the track! It was fathers day so thought he could have some fun although it was a total embrarasment as he just pootled around and got overtook by a woman!?!

I dont think the 26 year old suspension and fucked standard brakes did anything for his confidence though we got down to the bottom of the long straight at Rockingham and the brakes decided to go for a walk lol

Yeah I wouldnt bother with a stick haha

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

12Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 28th March 2017, 11:26 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^lol

13Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 30th March 2017, 9:37 am

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Mr B wrote:^ hahaha ... Shrooms dad drive like a boss . shroom on other hand couldn't drive a stick up a sheeps arse, hahaha, my driving shite too to be fair lol and my dad no stirling moss either :-(

Top or bottom is possible I would do top, just clear more space between inner wing and leave tranny pretty much in place . A lot depends on working space and what equipment you got do the job really . certainly easier than a R and to be honest R is pretty easy if in same order as nissan built them, normally pain with previous bodges or rusted fittings, rest is 1 2 barbecue   3 4 on the floor ...

I've got proper engine hoist trolley jack etc. My biggest problem is space, my drive is very narrow which makes it bit of a pain. I shall see today how it goes.

Oh and Shroom.... Excuses excuses excuses lol!

14Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 30th March 2017, 11:27 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Engine, box etc will all come out from top just like many other fwd cars Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 30th March 2017, 12:10 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

GTI-R US wrote:Engine, box etc will all come out from top just like many other fwd cars Wink
That's great  thumbsup

16Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 10th April 2017, 7:03 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

So little update time.

Engine came out through the bottom com I'm lazy and couldn't be asked to drop the car down from the stands...
First sight...
Engine removal from gti 20170330_170310_zpstrka5ene

You know it's going to be good when you see silicon around head gasket...

Engine removal from gti 20170330_170319_zpswr9acwbw

Somebody put too short belt on it and to get more clearance they just unbolted tensioner and left it like that  

And here is what I've found under the head...

Engine removal from gti 20170331_165830_zpshkwrluzs

Why the fook someone done it like that is beyond me... I'm guessing they were messing witth chain as it had bit of a rattle from tensioner in the morning but why not just to drop the head off when they've messed the gasket up?? wtf!

Engine removal from gti 20170331_202211_zpsuj9w6xcc

this was great sight too. Too long bolt between head and chain cover pulled/cracked cover. fuming Luckily it seals...

All together it took me 3 days engine in out and strip down. I've put new chain kit headgasket + bolts and resealed sum chain cover etc so she should be happy for a while.

And to whoever done this before me... Please stay away from fixing cars... Maybe start doing some painting and decorating or something simpler...fooku

17Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 10th April 2017, 7:15 pm

mike74

mike74

Yikes, I'm surprised it want haemmoraging oil from every orifice with that standard of repairs

18Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 10th April 2017, 7:18 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I was leaking like a sieve that's why I've done it....

Anyway why you're not green yet?? Admins are asleep?? lol!

19Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 10th April 2017, 7:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My fault ive been working far to hard i forgot to update it duh

20Engine removal from gti Empty Re: Engine removal from gti 10th April 2017, 8:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

It's always interesting but mostly frustrating finding someone's butchery. It's amazing how some people think that's ok lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum