Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfer box driveshaft retaining ring.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mc_hawkings24

I broke it putting the shaft into the diff and it slipped out. Anyone know where i could get one like in the link?
I would say its 40/42mm internal and 2mm thickness

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snap+ring+42mm+thickness+2mm&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYsfznzebNAhWDIJoKHeSnA4oQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=615#tbm=isch&q=snap+ring+&imgrc=TQIAgBww28qLeM%3A

burrows1980

burrows1980

I got the rear shaft ones from Nissan but they were too big imo so didn't end up using them, thought I'd lost the originals turned out they were still in the diff Laughing

Sure Nissan still do the front one, the rears only took a day to come in as well.

mc_hawkings24

Got a picture up finally as hard trying to do it on a phone but better explanation now. Think your talking about the snap ring that sits inside the diff that the nearside driveshaft pushes into?

transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. 308fmoi
This is the snap ring i need that sits in the groove on the shaft and pushes into the diff
http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/el_n14/1991_3/type_49/power_train/transfer_gear/illustration_1/

Should be on number 11 but its not listed.

mc_hawkings24

Anyone got one at all? Having trouble finding one. Been to euro's, parts place, a gearbox shop, nissan, and some other place i'll go back to tomorrow but probably no help.

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Do these help? It's off my spare diff.

If you are stuck I can send it to you, just need a replacement back later on?

transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. Image23
transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. Image24
transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. Image22
transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. Image25

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Posted this morning to you mate.

mreguest

mreguest

mc_hawkings24 wrote:Got a picture up finally as hard trying to do it on a phone but better explanation now. Think your talking about the snap ring that sits inside the diff that the nearside driveshaft pushes into?

transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. 308fmoi
This is the snap ring i need that sits in the groove on the shaft and pushes into the diff
http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/el_n14/1991_3/type_49/power_train/transfer_gear/illustration_1/

Should be on number 11 but its not listed.

Hello
What is the technique/tool required to get the shaft out of the diff?
I assume you're putting the modena on Smile

mc_hawkings24

A copper hammer is all you need

mreguest

mreguest

great!
twatting the end off sounds to good to be true, i'm sure mine will be stuck Smile

mc_hawkings24

Nah it's easy just wack it off side to side then put the shaft on the modena but don't do what i did and break the clip

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Here you go the part number is at the bottom.

I will add the website to the useful links page as well.

transfer box driveshaft retaining ring. Image11

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if your using a modena or nismo diff double check the input shaft for wear and any damage (especially at the end just after the c clip) we had issues with this when fitting one to a customers car and the shaft kept popping off on r/h lock even with a new clip fitted.
Turned out that the end of the shaft was badly worn which enabled the clip to dislodge.
You would get away with it with a viscous or open diff but its under far greater load with a locked type diff so shaft needs to be held firm

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content