Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which way for release bearing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which way for release bearing Empty Which way for release bearing 19th May 2016, 5:39 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Evenin,

Last time I had the engine out I asked on the OC which way the release bearing went:

Which way for release bearing 93862DAD-245B-406B-9FB8-CA0D1505D7AF_zpsnkeiwqxf

Which way for release bearing F87CADE9-C890-465B-ACCF-A15D988B2933_zpst8yzmwft

I don't think anybody could answer at the time so went with the top option as this felt the best fluid movement wise. Is that correct?  It didn't cause any problems for 9 years.

Gaz

2Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 19th May 2016, 6:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I dlnt think it matters too much mate .... you not plate welding the clutch fork then ????

3Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 19th May 2016, 6:42 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Says in the manual pay attention to the direction of the bearing retainer.. I'll stick it the way I've had it previously then.

With regards to welding the fork, err I kinda forgot Laughing I'm going to hope it'll be fine, there wasn't any cracking etc when I cleaned it, standard clutch no heavy thing so should be fine Shocked

4Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 19th May 2016, 8:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Really they should make it bloody clearer in the diagram then loopy
Even on a standard clutch its a worthy mod and cheap to do if you own a welder .....

5Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 20th May 2016, 5:52 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The second looks right to me

6Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 12th May 2018, 4:20 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sorry to drag a old thread up, but has anyone figured out what is the right way for bearing tabs to face?

7Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 13th May 2018, 7:55 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Gaz GTiR wrote:Sorry to drag a old thread up, but has anyone figured out what is the right way for bearing tabs to face?

To be honest I hardly think it matters. I've forgotten to put the lock tabs on the bearing before and you would never even have known. ran it that way for years.

8Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 13th May 2018, 4:24 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

??? How did it attach to the forks? Laughing was it not noisey?

9Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 13th May 2018, 5:12 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

You know, you'd think so, but I never noticed! When I pulled the trans back out to do a tear down, I was like "Holy shit, it's been this way the whole time?" hahahaha

10Which way for release bearing Empty Re: Which way for release bearing 13th May 2018, 5:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hmm that's mad lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum