Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

clutch problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1clutch problem Empty clutch problem 24th April 2016, 9:17 pm

Moss Ali

I was stuck in traffic on the way back from Japfest and pressed the clutch to put it in first and suddenly heard a loud crack. Then the clutch went low down and I didn't need to press much anymore before it reached the floor. It also didn't spring back up except only a little, though it still gave resistance when depressed and the car wouldn't go in gear without me forcing it in. Also noticed the clutch pedal vibrating on the M1 at higher speeds eventhough it has the clutch support bracket. What could it be?

2clutch problem Empty Re: clutch problem 24th April 2016, 9:49 pm

mc_hawkings24

Clutch fork snapped?

3clutch problem Empty Re: clutch problem 24th April 2016, 10:10 pm

Moss Ali

Yeh sounds about right . Most probably a partial break

4clutch problem Empty Re: clutch problem 24th April 2016, 10:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Type of clutch ? Power your running which normally indicates torque figure age/mileage of clutch. Start by pulling the rubber boot off top of box look in see if the clutch fork looks ok or bent weather pivot balls broke through if not box off and go from there

5clutch problem Empty Re: clutch problem 24th April 2016, 10:48 pm

Moss Ali

Around 310-20 hp with an exedy stage 1 organic clutch . And it's supposed to have had a reinforced fork fitted too lol. Maybe not .will have to see

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum