Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Battery Cyclers/chargers/ stop my battery dying!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Right then ladys and gent, im getting a litte fed up of everytime I want to come work on my car I either have to jump it or charge the battery, I bought a new battery fot it a few weeks ago but havnt fit it yet as I need a way of keeping it topped up, Running a cable to a charger isnt a viable option with 3 kids running around and god knows how many bikes, scooter and skateboards rolling around.

Im at a bit of a loss on this as Solar is my ideal way but so many mixed reviews its hard to know what to trust, Its not exactly sunny here in the humid UK but the car does face teh sun most of the day so thats a bonus, does anyone have any experience with solar panels and charging. Oh its also a little race battery as the origional wont fit in place and im trying to avoid moving it to the boot.

shroom

shroom

I leave mine for a month and it always starts first time. Even my other which I alarm stays for weeks so your battery must be poop or you have lots of drains going on. Solar trickle things are only a few quid why not try one or find those drains.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is it charging properly when it's getting used ? And as said I left my cars long periods and they start straight up and I have alarms. You must have a drain or battery as said is knackard

Ps it's telling you to love and use it more. Put me in the corner for 3 weeks and I will piss you of when you do come to see me lol

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Yep its charging correctly, Drains i would need to start hunting for but she is left for at the minute 3 weeks and not started, the battery is shagged I know that, thats why I bought another one but reluctant to fit it until I have a way of ensuring its not going to drain the arse off it.

I was just wondering if any one has any experience with these types of chargers as ive seen so much mixed info about it.

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Suppose my experiance is you don't need one unless leaving the cars up to 6 month even winter time

Suppose my answer is not what your asking so tell me to shut up lol

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

My car also has a drain, even with s new battery fitted it will only last a few weeks. I've got no idea what it is but it's damn annoying because at the moment if I leave the car longer than 3 days the battery will be dead because the drain has shagged my new battery lol

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Find the drain mate it's not that hard to do

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Might be a daft question but how do I go about it lol, I've got a multimeter so I can do some probing lol

shroom

shroom

Have u got anything which will loose its settings if battery disconnected? Disconnect it if you can at least it wont drain it then. Tbh I guess you would start with pulling a few fuses on stuff like cd player lights etc see if that stops the drain Johnny will know more as I am no electrical wizard

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum