Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spot whats missing competition

+4
Gostek
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
Cosmic73
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spot whats missing competition Empty Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 7:22 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

So i got my block back after being rebored last week.
Thought id start reassembling it, but wait, my cunning GTIr nose sniffs something amiss, something i cant quit put my finger on.
A slight shift in the space time continium, but what is it?
Somethings been removed, in fact somethings been removed and not put back on, no wait, somethings been removed and not put back on and not given back to me and they havent f&£ing told me!!!!
Twats! Wheres my piston squirters and oil baffle, for Christs sake.  censored  censored  censored  censored
Spot whats missing competition Image_zpsprr6jv2o

2Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 8:13 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Bastards! fuming

3Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 8:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nightmare

4Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 8:33 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Thing is i was chuffing close to rebuilding it and had no idea till i noticed it on a photo from a month back.
I wonder how builds are stuffed from the start cos some monkey removed a tiny pin or screw and said nowt,
Shocked

5Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 9:09 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

It's not something what you can pick up from local tesco too

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

6Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 9:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

A lot of these engineering places are sloppy & quite clueless, hope they not lost them !
After you clean up block face I would wash that block out with hot soapy water & a hose.

7Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 11:28 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

A bit sloppys right, ill phone them tomorrow and find out where they are, if they lost them then they'll have to sort it out and it will be a real ball ache for them.
Luckily i still have my old scrap block with the bits i need, but i aint gonna tell them that. Twisted Evil

8Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 24th January 2016, 11:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its not the point though as its the principal of it .... hopefully that doesnt reflect on the level of the workmanship done on the block Wink

9Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 11:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ lets hope not but they couldn't check the block deck well with all that gasket residue left on or cleaned block much.
I normally have the shop do a minimal depth resurface on block & end cover with a nice smooth glassy finish (not grainy milling lines) when using metal layer gaskets, you can get away with poorer finish on composite gaskets
Double check & check again everything as building it up as if a first sr20 & first time using shop services a lot of mistakes are possible & many times by people you paying :-/

10Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 11:12 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I'm definitely going to double check everything,Mad
The annoying thing is i really dint want to use them but there is simply no-where else around Coventry. Neutral

11Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 11:45 am

johnboy

johnboy

Yes, the shop I took mine to told me to take everything off before I gave it to them. I guess it's their way of avoiding that sort of issue..

12Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 12:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's true to be fair you are supposed to entirely strip the block before handing it to them.
But they should have tied a bag to the block and gave the bits back to you

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 2:16 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

That's a fair point i suppose and i know for next time.
I phoned them just now and they have the squirters,
Swear blind that the baffle plate wasn't fitted tho,  Shocked
Anyway live and learn. Very Happy

14Spot whats missing competition Empty Re: Spot whats missing competition 25th January 2016, 3:13 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh experience with the shop makes a difference that's why a first time build can be a ball ache.
Shop I use has little issue with parts left on & notes it on job sheet when go in.
To do a lot of good accurate machine work they need caps bolts, shells, front cover etc so should have no issue keeping parts together.
Least you got spares ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum