Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uprated radiator and fans

+2
gtir_woody
toaster55
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uprated radiator and fans Empty Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:04 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello all!

I'm thinking of getting a new uprated aluminium radiator to help keep my car cool on track days! I have a standard Sunny twin core one in at the moment which is fine for the road, but not good enough for 20 minutes or so at a hard track pace!

Does anyone have any good suggestions and the best place to get them from? Also wondering about radiator fans, I will more than likely have to put some on the front of the radiator rather than the rear as I guess I won't have space then to keep them at the rear of the radiator!

Thanks Chris.

2Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can still fit slimline fans on the back of a 50mm rad Wink

3Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:44 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I would rather go for slimline fans on the back if I have enough room. It makes more sense to have fans on the back rather than the front! I am running a GTX3071R though so space on the back of the radiator will be limited! You think they'll still be enough room even with that turbo??

4Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im trying to remember who still had standard fans on a 50mm rad with bigger turbo fitted ...il see if i can find it ....

5Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:57 pm

toaster55

toaster55

I had the japspeed 50mm rad with standard fans and a 2860rs, but it was tight.

6Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 9:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I know on my car with a high mount manifold and a 3076 I couldn't fit them behind the rad, but would depend how it's mounted. Is there a difference in efficiency mounting the fans front vs behind rad.

7Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 10:45 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers Nomad!
I've got the twin core Sunny radiator and standard fans at the mo, I just had to chop and re-weld the mounting point for the actual fan to allow it to fit! It looks standard but it isn't!
I'm on a standard but ported manifold..... And space is very tight now, and that's without an even thicker rad!
Most people will say there's not really that much of a difference, but common sense tells you that if the fans are behind the radiator rather than at the front, they'll be one less thing blocking the air flow from powering into the radiator and keeping the car cooler!!

8Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 6th December 2015, 11:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How thick is the twin core sunny rad ???? The slim line fans i got are half the thickness of the standard rad fans with the shroud ...

9Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 7th December 2015, 8:32 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mishimoto rad with slimline fans and fitting kit where they put fixings through the rad would be tight you might get 1 bigger and a smaller one on

10Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 7th December 2015, 11:40 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think I may have one in Chris if you wanna save yourself a few squid

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 7th December 2015, 10:26 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I don't know how thick the sunny one is pal, it was one I got from Bob!
Half thickness sounds quite good, are they the kenlow fans you're both talking about?
I haven't got my car back yet Bob so not really much of a rush! I normally buy brand new parts were I can, but what you got then and how much then pal?? You never know, I could be tempted and put the money towards our baby girl when she gets here seen as she's now a day overdue!! Lol!

12Uprated radiator and fans Empty Re: Uprated radiator and fans 7th December 2015, 11:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure mine are kenlow but something like these i can measure the size of the ones i got when im next in my shed .... ....http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171788082479&alt=web

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum