Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uprated clutch

+3
nomad
Mr B
Gl3nnGTIR
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uprated clutch Empty Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 6:16 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Hi all
Looking to buy a clutch to suit new set up, i want one  to handle around 500hp as i should be well in the 400s. 
What clutch would you guys recommend? I wont be using car much so how it drives isnt to much of an issue. It currently has a 4 paddle helix however i cannot be certain the condition is good onit and while fitting new engine etc would rather replace and know it shouldnt have to be changed for a while 
Thansk Glenn

2Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 7:33 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/shop.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=26

3Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 8:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Os giken twin plate ? ... rps street max 6 puk are meant to handle that kind of power dont really know much about them .... act  ? Exedy ?

4Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 9:36 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I have looked at most of them, just wondering what other people run as its a fair amount of money if turns out to be a pile of poo Sad

5Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 9:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

With any clutch that can handle that power ....you will need to make sure you sort out  an uprated clutch fork ... and make sure your pedal is supported  ...

6Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 30th November 2013, 9:42 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

It will all be done before it goes on the road which will be late jan early feb i would of thought. Bit of time Smile

7Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 1st December 2013, 6:25 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

the os giken has been seen on alot of high powered R's in the past

8Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 1st December 2013, 9:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

OS Giken is a nice clutch but silly money new, could be option if can pick up a lightly used second hand one.
Few people had liked Super Clutch setups on big power R's. Had one one my evo5 & didn't work out good & had swap to a Competition Clutch twin plate to get it all working well.
Competition Clutch stage 4 could be option as the 6 pads & sprung centres give gearbox a bit less stress & improve street style drive-ability, prices are sensible too.
A lot depends on your planned use & clutch budget.

9Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 1st December 2013, 9:28 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Yes os giken are alot new, prob more than im willing to spend, ill have a look at super clutch setups and see what i think, the other prob is ai dont want to chew the gearbox to peices, planned use is a bit of an all rounder, road, 1/4 mile occasionally and circuit (lucky to live 5min from bedford autodrome and 10 from santa pod) 
Thanks for all input

10Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 2nd December 2013, 2:00 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

os giken are good clutches for sure and will handle the power no problem but they can destroy input shaft splines.
seen 2 now with input shafts destroyed and one of them was a quaife Shocked 
they are very harsh on gearboxes especially the older variety

helix paddle are very good
atc weve fitted in big power cars also proven to hold the power
or the exedy / similar single plate ceramic clutch flywheel combos are all very good and handle bags of torque

as said this morning glenn, don't fit a cheaper clutch as it will only result in the whole thing needing to come apart again which is a real ballache if you've just built it all up

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 2nd December 2013, 2:27 pm

knights of nee

One of the reason's I wont ever go for big power again is just how horrible the clutch you need to hold the torque is to use, My left leg just can't take it anymore, Plus getting stuck in traffic or hill starts are hellish. I was in so much pain one day it nearly bought me to tears and had to pull off the road for an hour or so until the traffic cleared, But I'm old and because of these types of clutch now how a dodgy knee, But you enjoy it mate and remember these above words lol.

12Uprated clutch Empty Re: Uprated clutch 2nd December 2013, 4:04 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

since i'm here, i've seen many threads on the choice of clutches...maybe it worth doing a post-it "choose your clutch"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum