Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 20]

401Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 12:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ That what I would try, would also check voltage first at pump when cranking & briefly starts as if no voltage or very low then that would indicate feed to pump when engine running has issue.
initial prime is time output from ecu & engine would run some seconds on the line pressure .
It started when you bought it as remember you saying about the knocking so not been stood long since then has it !
Everything points to wiring still not A1 (sparkies comment on battery issue bit off so his wiring may not of been perfect either) and if is wiring it probably easiest & cheapest fix .

402Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 2:28 pm

shroom

shroom

I would just break it mate free yourself from a future of torment and perril. I will happily take that gearbox off your hands for two new born lambs and half a tonne of hardcore

403Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 6:45 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:^ That what I would try, would also check voltage first at pump when cranking & briefly starts as if no voltage or very low then that would indicate feed to pump when engine running has issue.
initial prime is time output from ecu & engine would run some seconds on the line pressure .
It started when you bought it as remember you saying about the knocking so not been stood long since then has it !
Everything points to wiring still not A1 (sparkies comment on battery issue bit off so his wiring may not of been perfect either) and if is wiring it probably easiest & cheapest fix .

Cheers Mr B,
Ill try hotwiring the fuel pump and see if that helps,
Itll also give me the chance to inspect the pump filter.
I think you may be right the the sparky missed a wire to the fuel pump. I was surprised when he said the immobiliser wasnt linked to it.
Anyway ill soon find out.
Very Happy

404Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 6:50 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

shroom wrote:I would just break it mate free yourself from a future of torment and perril. I will happily take that gearbox off your hands for two new born lambs and half a tonne of hardcore

If its half a tonne of hardcore smut involving sheep and 5lb of chip fat, its a deal!
thumbsup

405Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 9:22 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

^ Shocked lol!

406Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 9:33 pm

shroom

shroom

Cosmic73 wrote:
shroom wrote:I would just break it mate free yourself from a future of torment and perril. I will happily take that gearbox off your hands for two new born lambs and half a tonne of hardcore

If its half a tonne of hardcore smut involving sheep and 5lb of chip fat, its a deal!
thumbsup

Haha you even got the welshmans attention then! Chip fat!? Oh no no im gonna use grandmars lard warm it up in hand and it will be useful.

Do you think you will get her working over the weekend then :-)

407Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 9:41 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Hope so, lucks gotta change some time
Laughing

408Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 9:48 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If you have multimeter (basic cheap meter all needed) you want test earth & voltage at the 2 wire plug on fuel pump.
ECU controls the switching of the pump on pin 104 of ecu, this switches to ground & is the ground wire on switch side of pump relay, Ecu has initial timed prime when it switches pin 104 to earth & then also switches when it detect engine cranking/running .
If unlucky it ecu control circuit issue when cranking/running > this would be evident by pin 104 not switching ground & no voltage at pump terminal
Other issues could be low voltage due to various wiring faults or relay fault > this could seen by low voltage at pump and if quickly run a temp direct +ve feed to pump fact it cures running issue.
If this checks ok then investigating pump (pump mounting & pickup socks get some right bodges so will be wise check it out) & as ducie suggested adding a fuel pressure gauge would be useful data.
Most of this takes ages to talk about but a minute to do and hopes are you'll stumble on irregularity quite quickly !
doing fault code check & clearing all codes is good idea too . I make sure mine are all checked & cleared as new engine new slate, then can be checked again to see all clear or something amiss & you know results all post build .

* how does it die off, does it smoothly dip down in revs till cut out or a sudden stall or spluttery missfire stall !
Lack of fuel pressure should be more like first scenario .

409Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 11:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Man your posts are entertaining I don't where you come up with this stuff lol

410Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 7th April 2016, 11:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

" a sick sick place called Shropshire lol :-) A man with 2 R's & lust of sheep is as demented to the max :-D

411Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 7:28 am

shroom

shroom

Well in truth I mostly dont have anything technical to add so just spout some mildly entertaining rubbish from time to time usually related to sheep or the likes lol.

I think it lifts cosmics hopes as we all know how anoying things can get!

412Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 8:04 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I totally agree, its nice to work hard but what's the point if its not fun and you can't have a laugh.
Rep point earned for your outstanding attitude to life's little ups and downs.
Very Happy

413Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 9:00 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Mr B wrote:" a sick sick place called Shropshire lol :-) A man with 2 R's & lust of sheep is as demented to the max :-D
This is true. I used to live accross the water from where shroom lives and its folk law that those accross the water have webbed feet and walk the streets in nothing but a loin cloth Laughing they are as mad as a hatter over there and if you venture over the water you risk never returning home sain Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

414Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 7:12 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Stu wrote:
Cosmic73 wrote:
burrows1980 wrote:Would it be anything like the cold start valve? Not plugged in, closing up too early? What rpm is it idling at before it dies?

I dont have a code reader,

Very Happy
You dont need one.  Just a piece of wire Wink
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t81-ecu-fault-code-check

Cheers Stu,
As soon as i came in from work i read a 12 code (AFM),
So i unclipped the connection and clipped it back in and the code read 55 (all ok),
I sprayed a load of easystart and it fired up but kept stalling without the easystart.

However if unplugged this blue wire it ran for much longer, i even got it to 2,500rpm for a couple of minutes, but the slightest dip in throttle just stalls it. This is progress because i can rule out the fuel pump.

This blue wire runs out the afm connector direct to the -ve battery terminal.
Anyone have any ideas what it might be for?
Smile  Smile  Smile

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Image14

415Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 7:16 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Earthing kit lol... Sometimes earth from ecu is getting weak so people (me included) run wire straight from battery negative just make sure is wired in where it should be not to signal or +. Oh and easy on easy start...You might do some damage with this stuff....

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

416Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 8:11 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Can i see a picture of your engine bay please. See if theres anything that looks wrong..
Check the fuses in the engine bay that are on passenger side. You may have blown the engine fuse. Should be a brown square fuse.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

417Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 8th April 2016, 8:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

looks a bodgy effort on the crimped earth wire. most original earths are fine if checked cleaned .
least making some conclusions. worth pulling out the R bible & doing all basic tests on afm harness & afm itself, check everything ecu end too for potential bodgy joins in harness were piggyback etc may of once intercepted the harness & also on wiring that lead to initial no ignition as that still may have something amiss. Check harnesses connectors thoroughly around engine bay. Run through all intake pipes/vacuum pipes again too as this easy area have a glitch & possibly cause similar running issue .
Hopefully bit more investigation will lead to an answer.

418Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 4:47 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Diagnostics is way above my skill set so im arranging fir it to be trailered to Bobs in the next few weeks,

However i can manage a bit of cleaning, so i removed and cleaned the afm with contact cleaner. The sensors were black but now they're a nice silver colour. I also realised one of the plug leads wasnt fully pushed into the dizzy cap.  Rolling Eyes
P
Tried to start the car 3 times and same story, stalls after a few seconds. Mad

So i disconected that blue earth lead from the afm and it for the first time it fired up and idled perfectly!!!! Razz  Razz  Razz

But as soon as i reconnect that blue lead it instantly kills the car, watch this vid; wtf!  wtf!
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Th_IMG_0589_zpse6mpym6g

419Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 5:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What pin is that lead going to on maf plug ?

420Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 5:37 pm

shroom

shroom

As Stu posted diagnostics are a peice of piss on this car short the pins and it will flash the engine light as a code thats it. If you mean actually sorting the issue then seems like its that "earth" or cable causing some issues as Johhny says check its actually going to the earth and just do away with it.

421Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 6:14 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

johnny gtir wrote:What pin is that lead going to on maf plug ?

It just goes to -ve battery terminal, Mike reckons its to help earth it.

422Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 6:21 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Cosmic73 wrote:Diagnostics is way above my skill set so im arranging fir it to be trailered to Bobs in the next few weeks,

However i can manage a bit of cleaning, so i removed and cleaned the afm with contact cleaner. The sensors were black but now they're a nice silver colour. I also realised one of the plug leads wasnt fully pushed into the dizzy cap.  Rolling Eyes
P
Tried to start the car 3 times and same story, stalls after a few seconds. Mad

So i disconected that blue earth lead from the afm and it for the first time it fired up and idled perfectly!!!! Razz  Razz  Razz

But as soon as i reconnect that blue lead it instantly kills the car, watch this vid; wtf!  wtf!
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Th_IMG_0589_zpse6mpym6g

Wish i never posted this now,
Tried to start it again after dinner but having exactly the same problem again!!
duh duh

Ive got no idea what the fucks going on,
2 things i did notice,
Spark plugs are now totally coked up, maybe its from emptying a whole can if easystart into it.
Boost gauge read -3 when it did idle,

Ive had enough now, im sure Bob will pinpoint the problem.

423Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 6:31 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Stu wrote:Can i see a picture of your engine bay please. See if theres anything that looks wrong..
Check the fuses in the engine bay that are on passenger side. You may have blown the engine fuse. Should be a brown square fuse.

Sorry for the delay in posting these Stu,
I checked the fuses snd they are all fine,
Error code is still 12, amf.
Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Image20
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Image21
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Image23
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Image22

Last edited by Cosmic73 on 10th April 2016, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

424Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 6:39 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've just checked this earth wire goes to white one on maf...

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

425Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 17 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 10th April 2016, 7:57 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

One thing though the head sounds nice and quiet thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum