Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defeated by a caliper!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Defeated by a caliper! Empty Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 9:17 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

Ok I'm finally admitting defeat fitting the evo 6 brembo caliper, and possibly it can't be done unless you go for huge discs!

I was using the evo discs 320 x 32mm needed to make a ring so disc could fit properly on hub and drill 4x100 stud pattern, that was the easy bit, because the evo caliper is lug mounted, the gtir hub mounts are in the way to get the caliper positioned correctly, because the lug on the caliper is 20mm you can't fit it like a standard caliper unless you get a custom rotor and bell.

Even if you could fix one bolt into caliper you couldn't use the 320mm evo disc plus the other end of caliper sits too far away from disc. I mounted a piece of ply wood to Hub caliper fixing holes, and moved caliper around trying to find the perfect position, just can't get it to work grrrrr

Couldn't get over for how big the caliper is, how much lighter than the standard cast iron gtir caliper, although the evo disc weighed the same as the car Laughing

Radial mounts are the way forward!

Gaz

2Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 1:51 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Thats a sitter mate.
What you going for now? Evo 3 callipers?

3Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 2:06 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Stu wrote:Thats a sitter mate.
What you going for now? Evo 3 callipers?

Nah im going all out for Maserati 330mm 4 pots Laughing saw some on ebay before, test kms only, on one of the test cars £260 Shocked Dont wanna go that big christ knows what et wheels you'd need, caliper looks really chunky. Ive gone for a set of Clio/Megane Brembos but radial mount, so should be easier plus just got them really cheap, put in a offer and got accepted. Need a clean up if they work, if not another pair of calipers going up for sale Laughing

Evo 6 calipers do look cool mind, im just drilling out the pcd on the disc to see how far out the caliper actually is, currently using ply wood wedges in the standard R disc vents as a marker of 320mm disc. I reckon you would need 350mm discs to fill the caliper properly, as it stands now, only 50% of the pad would be making contact with the disc Shocked

Ive got the hub in a vice, so christ knows what else it would hit when built up.

And before anyone says, just by hi spec ones it would be easier, granted it would but I like a challenge Laughing

Gaz

4Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 6:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Certainly does sound like a challenge ...was trying to think what caliper conversions done over the past ....

5Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 6:48 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I dont mind giving these things ago, as long as the wife doesnt see what im spending Rolling Eyes

Next mission is trying to find a way of using 5 stud instead of 4 on the hubs.. Been reading the thread started by Petelesta:

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4873-stud-to-bolt-conversion?highlight=changing+hub+to+5+stud

Must be a way, most discs I want to try all have 5 stud pcd 114.3, drilling the R's pcd in a 5 stud always sems to result in one hole being slightly over a 4x100.  although the disc is held in place by the center bore and being sandwiched between hub and wheel i'd like material between all holes.  And welding up the hole Id imagine would fatigue the metal and possibly warp it.

I have contacted brake manufactures this week, to ask if they can supply a requested disc with no holes drilled, and the answer funnily enough was no.  

Only other option I can see is, drill a disc that I think will fit my setup, then get a custom bell and rotor from High Tech etc  

Think I might just put a dragster parachute on the back, be easier!!

Gaz

6Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 7:54 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Colin on here has put Ferrari callipers on his car Wink
You just need to try harder hahaha

7Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 12th June 2015, 8:05 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Stu wrote:Colin on here has put Ferrari callipers on his car Wink
You just need to try harder hahaha

Cheers Stu Very Happy

8Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 14th June 2015, 12:22 pm

TomeiR

ferrari?!!!! fook me they must stop like a shot

9Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 14th June 2015, 3:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Defeated by a caliper! FB_IMG_1434293759714_zpskaztubmp
Defeated by a caliper! FB_IMG_1434293768229_zpsene68gun

10Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 14th June 2015, 4:03 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Jesus, now I want a car lift like that! thats cool. Fair few hub fixing holes in the disc, cover all makes and models that disc Laughing

11Defeated by a caliper! Empty Re: Defeated by a caliper! 14th June 2015, 9:09 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Those brakes are so sexy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum