Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wire Tucking

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wire Tucking  Empty Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 11:30 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Hi Guys

Has anyone attempted wire tucking on thier GTIR engine bay. I am thinking about wire tucking my bay, more for convenience rather than anything else. If i could have a single conenctor for the engine loom it should make engine removal and general maintenance more easy and accessible.

2Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 4:30 pm

ducie54

ducie54

I've removed both fuse boxes and redid the body harness on mine. Was so frustrating to do. Looks good afterwards and frees up room.

3Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 4:43 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

ducie54 wrote:I've removed both fuse boxes and redid the body harness on mine. Was so frustrating to do. Looks good afterwards and frees up room.

Did you have to cut and extend the looms or just pull them into the cockpit

4Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 7:05 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Got any pics of that ducie?

5Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 8:36 pm

ducie54

ducie54

When I finish my night shifts I'll do a write up of what I did and post some pics.

6Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 8th June 2015, 8:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That would be awesome Nigel, interested to find out. I can imagine it would be a pain though Laughing

7Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 11th June 2015, 5:18 am

ducie54

ducie54

Yeah it was a big pain Chris, spent a lot of time figuring it all out. I ended up upgrading the alternator power wire to suit my higher amp alternator. Run relays for low bean and high beam headlight circuits as well as the starter motor. Run larger power and earth wires for head lights.

Moved the factory boost gauge to inside the driver side gauge, also the rear wiper arm relay to under the dash with the others beside the fuse panel. ABS plugs and relays moved. main fuse box from under the bonnet was fitted behind the center console.

I found a lot of the harness wires were all wound together so most wires had to be cut, shorten or replaced. Looked good afterwards but a nightmare to do. These are the pics I took during the process

Wire Tucking  MjelQs
Wire Tucking  1sVOtq
Wire Tucking  WHXjGY
Wire Tucking  TLqQds
Wire Tucking  Mri4Us
Wire Tucking  1FSSry
Wire Tucking  MPPSz4
Wire Tucking  3t1ZZp
Wire Tucking  BaIVIS
Wire Tucking  HvgGun
Wire Tucking  S5sJ8m
Wire Tucking  GvouRc
Wire Tucking  7YzFwv
Wire Tucking  SIJWFc
Wire Tucking  CIQvEi
Wire Tucking  2FCgb7
Wire Tucking  HFbNmM
Wire Tucking  BSA5pl

8Wire Tucking  Empty Re: Wire Tucking 11th June 2015, 8:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks a right pain Nigel, but great work, very time consuming job. I might look at doing this after my car is tuned. Ive redone my looms so they all run through the guards but I really don't like it.

One day I'll make a journey and check out your car Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum