Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

intercooler and bumper fitment

+2
MartyMG
joetheeskimo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1intercooler and bumper fitment Empty intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 3:17 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Ive just gone to fit my intercooler and ran into a problem. it was hitting on the bottom bar of my bumper so i have just it to fit. now the pipes are hitting on the air ducts of the bumper. Has anyone else had issues when fitting a front mount intercooler.

if anyone has detailed pictures that would be great

Thanks

2intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 3:34 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

I had to loose my brake ducts when my Hybrid went on.

3intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 4:21 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

MartyMG wrote:I had to loose my brake ducts when my Hybrid went on.

Have you got any pictures. What is a hybrid.

4intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 4:59 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

also on another note. with the bumper fitted (pressing against the pipe work) the intercooler hangs about 15mm lower than the bumper.

5intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 5:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

joetheeskimo wrote:

Hybrid was brand name.
here is link to the hybrid install doc
http://photos.imageevent.com/kadepunk/hybridinstallationguides/GTIR%20INSTALL.pdf

I not seen a cooler same as one you got that specific kit for R
Any stamped numbers or marks on it ? what sizes & what pipe diameters of cooler ?
It looks quite tall for fitting under cutout bumper bar & assume it was hanging low before hence why bottom bent . I expect (guessing !) car it was on before could of had a splitter on bottom of standard bumper thus could cover it fully ...

6intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 5:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Any pics of it fitted joe ???? .... i cut a slot out of tbe crash bar so you cut the bottom and front out just leaving the top part of the crash bar ... that was the only way my ic would not be lower than my bumper ...

7intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 6:07 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Mr B wrote:
joetheeskimo wrote:

Hybrid was brand name.
here is link to the hybrid install doc
http://photos.imageevent.com/kadepunk/hybridinstallationguides/GTIR%20INSTALL.pdf

I not seen a cooler same as one you got that specific kit for R
Any stamped numbers or marks on it ? what sizes & what pipe diameters of cooler ?
It looks quite tall for fitting under cutout bumper bar & assume it was hanging low before hence why bottom bent . I expect (guessing !) car it was on before could of had a splitter on bottom of standard bumper thus could cover it fully ...

Yer I followed this article but still sits to low

8intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 8:18 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You got pics & sizes of that core.
like I said, I not seen a core same as that on a GTiR kit so no idea how it fits.
I suspect it was mounted same as normal tucked up tight to cut bottom & front side bumper crash bar & hung lower than the standard bumper but standard bumper was modded with splitter so it worked.
It deffo been mounted low before hence why bottom bent up like it is.

9intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 8:52 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I think I had a hybrid cooler on one of my old SSS's with a gtir bumper. The bottom of the bumper was bent down abit to accomodate the height of the cooler, couldn't really tell the difference though.

10intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 9:01 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

his ain't a hybrid cooler, he just used the hybrid instructions as rough layout guide.
His cooler looks about 30mm taller than likes of hybrid & the common chinese style kits

11intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 9:06 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ohhhhh I see now, my bad Laughing soz guys, I remember the cooler you're running now mate.

12intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 9:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks exactly the same as mine ... looking at the hybrid instructions .... what i have done is put mine behind the crash bar slightly and welded some tabs on the crash bar so its another inch or so higher for clearance ....

13intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 9:47 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What make is your cooler nomad ?
Joes is one in his build thread.

14intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think its an autobahn one as the hose joiners have autobahn writen on them ...but that means nothing really as could of been changed .... i mean joe's ic looks exactly like mine same pipework and core etc ...

15intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:08 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No joes not same as the gtir autobahn
have a look at image below of GTiR autobahn and you see joes extends further below the pipe flanges & mounting fittings are on sides.
Don't think his is a GTiR specific cooler.
intercooler and bumper fitment Carp07

16intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:13 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

The Autobahn looks identical to my Hybrid one. I have a Pace to go on so I'll be able to reinstate my brake cooling ducts.

17intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Found out what the cooler is and it's an hks unit
I've looked back through cars paperwork

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

18intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:32 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Could be as HKS cores are tube & fin plus don't think HKS done a specific kit for R so they close shaped cooler with custom piping normally ...

19intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wonder what size core it is then ..... hope your at home with your feet up bob being a bank holiday ....

20intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

does joes cooler have a mounting point built in on top core flat plate near centre point of width ?

21intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 10:44 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Haha yep actually at last had a day off but even that was in jeopardy after dropping a transfer box on my head last night at work and slicing my nut open Rolling Eyes luckily it's started to heal today after bleeding all night just couldn't be assed to go to hospital for stitches.

Yes ic is not like hks ones I've seen before but it is hks

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

22intercooler and bumper fitment Empty Re: intercooler and bumper fitment 4th May 2015, 11:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear it mate ... you need to rest mr or il have to come feed you nytol analy and nobody wants that Laughing
blimey even i could of told you transfer box's dont make good hat's lol.... thats the worrying thing about working on your own as i do the same is if something happens when the fook is the help coming it could be hours or next day .... you be bloody careful mate .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum