so its been a while since ive updated this thread. I been slaving away getting a fair amount done.
Engine is now pretty much wired up except from one terminal on the starter motor, alternator and injectors.
Ive found out we have got a sand blaster at work so been making the use out of that.
Ive sand blasted all these parts and now spraying them in hammerite smooth black. All these parts looked horendous before hand, i wish i had taken some pictures.
Also was able to get the bushes out of the front wishbones, so now need to sand blast them and hammerite spray them. I was thinking about powder coating but then its difficult to mask the bores etc. As long as i do a fair few coats of hammerite i think it should last well.
Some of the new parts to put on the front suspension
And now the restored air filter, got a new filter from online and sandblasted and painted the wire mesh. looks new
Next few things i need to do are as follows
- Buy alternator bracket
- Relocate Battery to boot (buy box and lead)
- Fit washer bottle in boot
- Connect up FMIC properly
- Make bottom mount brackets for FMIC
- Replace gear linkage seal on gearbox
- Buy replacement O-Ring set for injectors and fit injectors
- Fill engine with oil and gearbox oil
- Get rocker cover sprayed in HKS colours
- Replace all blue samco hoses with black hoses
- Cover all FMIC pipes in gold reflective sticky back heat insulation tape.