Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build

+13
burrows1980
pulsarmoley
PartyPete
MartyMG
buckym120
nomad
luke s
Mr B
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
GTI-R US
Stu
joetheeskimo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 29th March 2015, 3:50 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

So heres some rust i discovered today.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150329_162103_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150329_162114_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150329_162134_resized

Anyone know how much this will cost to repair. Both rear arches are bubbling as well.

27JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 29th March 2015, 4:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Check link in the useful link section .... for repair panels .... the rest depends on if you do the work yourself or get a bodyshop to do it .....

28JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 29th March 2015, 9:07 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

nomad wrote:Check link  in the useful link section .... for repair panels .... the rest depends on if you do the work yourself or get  a bodyshop to do it .....

Both arches ordered. Got a local guy who quoted £60 per side. Or £100 if the inner sills need doing as well.
This doesn't include paint. Will red oxide them and get them professionally sprayed once I have an engine fitted.

29JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 29th March 2015, 10:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice one thats not a bad price ... hopefully hes a good welder so minimal amount
Filler work .... i would say from the pic the inner arch will need doing that side the piece where it meets the sill is a common place to go ....

30JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 29th March 2015, 10:29 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Where can you get inner arches from? Or would the guy doing the welding just use some sheet steel?
Thats not a bad price on the arches.
Im paying £100 for one rear arch and 2 patches in the sills.
But im having them painted too so thats an extra £150.
3 weeks back order on my panels tho.

31JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 30th March 2015, 6:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Rear wall of inner arch could be repaired using cuts from the n14 mudguard panel probably.
Most will use sheet metal & form as required for lip of inner arch & sill ends etc as quite easy do as not a visible panel.
To do a worthy job on the arches is not that quick a job so anything too cheap that not mates rates or cash special could be a disaster in 18 months.
See those arch repair panels are under £21 from carz2 now :-O

32JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 5th April 2015, 6:12 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

today i made a start ripping off all the front suspension components so i can underseal and refurb all components.

half way through ripping it all out. Nice surprise finding GAB shocks. Anyone know what i can paint to use to respary springs.
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150405_170524_resized

look at the mud build up in the arch. before and after pictures
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150405_162525_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150405_162658_resized

As you can see from the pictures the tie rod arms need replacing as well as the bottom ball joints. Im going to poly bush the lower control arms.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150405-WA0021_resized

And after all the components are off

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150405-WA0028_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150405-WA0027_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150405-WA0020_resized

I sprayed the fuel rail silver to tidy up the bay. Im going to replace all the injector orings as they are perished.
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150405-WA0024_resized

also set about cleaning up the inlet manifold.

I will upload more picutres tomorrow once i have undersealed. Over next few weeks i am to do the following

- Strip lower control arms
- Poly bush and fit new ball joints to LCA
- Paint LCA
- Paint Calipers
- Replace worn out slider pin seals
- Clean and respray shock absorbers
- Fit new Tie Rod arms
- Fit all front suspension components

33JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 10th April 2015, 6:34 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

So little update

bought the following items
-injector seal kit
-Front lower control poly bushes
-New Drop Links
-New Ball Joints

. Refurbished the brakes and also got carried away so bought a complete Superpro poly bush kit for all the rear arms.

Before
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150406_150209_resized

After
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150407_173637_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150407_173750_resized

Undersealed the front while i had all the arms off.
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150406_160139_resized

Went to nissan today to see how ripped off i could get, Got the seal on the gearbox where the gear selector arm is and also the turbo return rubber hose. Cost me £40.

34JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 10th April 2015, 7:21 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Brakes came up looking great thumbsup

35JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 11th April 2015, 7:57 am

buckym120

buckym120

Keep up the good work mate good to see the updates

36JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 11th April 2015, 10:24 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nissan seal number please

37JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd May 2015, 6:53 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

So a big thanks needs to go to Bob, Went down to GTI-R-US yesterday to collect my new engine (Used engine). Bob took the sump off and let me look at all of the bottom end to make sure i was happy with it before rebuilding it. Engines still in the back of the car but slowly bolting parts back on to it before i put it back into the car.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150502-WA0009_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150502-WA0007_resized

After collecting the engine yesterday i also got carried away and bought an FMIC off of bob as well. He believes it is a Forge Intercooler but cant find any markings so im taking his word for it. Looks like a good bit of kit though, stainless steel pipe work. Really nice. Decided to get spraying it today, i hat shinny intercoolers, black nice and subtle.
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150502_125310_resized

Tomorrow i will get it bolted into place.

As ive got a fair amount of time before the car will be back on the road going to refurb my rocker cover. I love the HKS rocker cover colour scheme so will be painting like this.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Hks-spark-plug-cover-oil-cap-and-custom-painted-sr20det-valve-cover

Still need to get my front lower control arms sandblasted so they can be powder coated before the poly bushes and new ball joints are fitted.

Another job i need to do is order up oils, collect parts from Nissan

38JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd May 2015, 8:08 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That intercooler not a Forge one.
looks like tube & fin core, bit damaged at bottom, is it pressure tested.

39JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd May 2015, 8:19 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Mr B wrote:That intercooler not a Forge one.
looks like tube & fin core, bit damaged at bottom, is it pressure tested.

Oh ok. Not pressure tested but I have faith in bob and he says it fine so should be ok.

40JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd May 2015, 11:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Thought that was a forge one as pipes are almost central, deffo not an eBay jobbie

The bottom is bent up a bit but as joe says it's not been pressure tested but car it came from was holding 1.3 bar boost so I know it's fine, if not then there's a full money back guarantee Wink

Great to see your getting her sorted joe and il get the bits you need in the post on Tuesday if you send me your addy..........you can have them fella, just cover postage

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

41JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 3rd May 2015, 12:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice update, good to hear it's coming together!

42JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 3rd May 2015, 6:04 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Deffo not forge.
Forge pipes are far more central to end tanks & one on o/s is longer & angled slightly inwards, also 2 threaded fittings are on core bottom rail & they have a large embossed Forge logo with web address embossed underneath in smaller print on the cores flat plate.
Don't recognise that core, most had end cap pipes closer to bottom :-/

Fair bit of work ongoing, good luck with the build ...

43JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 3rd May 2015, 6:53 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Good to see your progress! Its reminding me of all the jobs that will need doing on mine though!

44JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 3rd May 2015, 7:41 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

GTI-R US wrote:Thought that was a forge one as pipes are almost central, deffo not an eBay jobbie

The bottom is bent up a bit but as joe says it's not been pressure tested but car it came from was holding 1.3 bar boost so I know it's fine, if not then there's a full money back guarantee Wink

Great to see your getting her sorted joe and il get the bits you need in the post on Tuesday if you send me your addy..........you can have them fella, just cover postage

Spot on thanks bob. Just pm me the postage costs if you can and I will send the money straight across.

45JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd June 2015, 6:21 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

modified my standard headlights yesterday. I did the same mod on my old 200sx. ive never seen it done on a gtir before so thought i would do it.

Baked the headlights in the oven for 30 minutes at 60c to soften the adhesive then removed glass, painted the outside chrome areas black and used yellow glass paint for the inside reflective area.
Re-sealed using clear window sealent and re-fitted to the car.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150531_114748_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150601_165734_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150601_175710_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150602_172033_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 20150602_172025_resized
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150602-WA0013
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150602-WA0015
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150602-WA0017
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 IMG-20150602-WA0019

46JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd June 2015, 7:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks pretty mean with the yellow paint .... how legal is it ???

47JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd June 2015, 8:57 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Surly it's similar to rears supposed to have some natural reflection on ? 
How bright are they with chrome bits black ? 

Regardless of the above I like the look and certainly different on a R

48JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd June 2015, 9:20 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

If these catch on there could be a sudden rush on standard side repeaters?!

49JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 2nd June 2015, 9:42 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

We aren't even allowed to paint the rear brake lights here. The yellow looks cool though.

50JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 2 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 3rd June 2015, 4:25 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Never had an issue with mot with my 200sx with similar headlights. Yes the light is not as bright but to be honest it's more than good enough even on a dark twisty b road

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum