Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TOMEI Manifold

+3
splmum
TomeiR
Gaz GTiR
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TOMEI Manifold Empty TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 1:05 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just seen these on the Tomei website... Got to be better than the rest of the manifolds out there!

http://www.tomeiusa.com/_2003web-catalogue/000_expreme/each-product/sr20det_exhaust-manifold_en.html

2TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 1:24 am

TomeiR

Looks like a nice bit of kit that

3TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 3:30 am

splmum

splmum

Only suitable for REAR wheel drive. Needs a lot of mucking about (cutting and welding) to fit and east-west engine as in the R.

4TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 5:56 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yes I tried to fit one to mine and decided to stay with the standard (ported) manifold, more trouble than there worth, shifted the turbo right over which would foul on the block (or gearbox i can't remember) and then other things had to be moved and relocated, more trouble than there worth, best of with a Gtir specific manifold in my opinion, unless you fancy a challenge Razz

5TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 6:50 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As above moves the turbo to far

6TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 8:13 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That expensive too even if did fit, standard with top porting effort superb or if serious over 400hp then decent custom manifold way to go & cheaper from fabricators in UK than importing I expect or Bogdan if he doing GTiR manifolds 1 off ...

7TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 10:57 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I like the idea of sticking with the separate ports/gate on 2&3 on outtake to turbo for maximum flow of spent gases which I think is something many have overlooked in designing these cheap crap manifolds, so basically they have reverted back to nissans stock manifold design which although was very good and made even better with a little porting just find it kind of funny after all this time things kind of come round 360 and they suddenly realise original design works best Rolling Eyes exclusion obviously being the mega crap turbo elbow of course

as for the manifold...........it can be fitted but you need to shave a bit off bolt fixings where oe catchcan was fitted pus a slight adaption to downpipe although it will fit with a bit of manipulation but have to ask yourself ''is it really worth it for the minimal gains''
I don't think so

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8TOMEI Manifold Empty Re: TOMEI Manifold 28th January 2015, 11:16 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Was said for years that standard manifolds pretty good but indeed it does look shit unless given some love & money which was the main craze for fitting a shiny tubular for most.
Chinese made it worse with $99 sparkly tubular manifold at push of a payment button :-)
Car tuning is a bit like fashion really & things come in & out of popularity regardless of practicality & engineering logic :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum