Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torque of the south motorsport /Bob

+3
Ajay.
Indy
pulsar23
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 12:02 pm

So I popped down to see bob yesterday in relation to my pulsar playing up.
I did not realise the magnitude of the problem till it was properly inspected to which bob discovered the timing had been messed around with and cylinders 2 and 3 were massively down on compression .... Engine rebuild I thought but bob with his vast knowledge managed to rectify the problem with no major work required luckily and sorted out my timing issue no hassle. He also confirmed my suspicions that the turbo is indeed on it's way out. Not a problem as I'm going to use this opportunity to upgrade especially as I picked up a z32 maf apexi filter and a nistune Ecu whilst I was down there ! All in all I cannot recommend our forum owner highly enough he has provided me with information where I required it all through the week and my pulsar is running absolutely mint again ! Thank you so much and I look forward to our future encounters. Just for reference I made this trip from Leicester not a short journey in the slightest but was worth every penny in fuel and every mile !!!!

2Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 2:13 pm

pulsar23

That's really good news! Bob when can you look at mine?

3Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 4:29 pm

Indy

That's great news! bob is a very knowleageable and in general a top man always goes out of his way to help even though he is very busy! Thanks bob!

4Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 4:46 pm

Ajay.

Glad thats sorted for you,as always that's what this forums about helping one another out and in the past bobs always helped out as much as he can and also a few others aswell glad it's worked out for you though pal!

5Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 5:50 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

So how did you regain pressure in 2 cylinders? I know he's good but wow. That's what scares me about just calling in to see him, he's like auntie wainwright off last of the summer wine. Sells you something lol

6Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 9:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Because hes yoda bob and has super powers .... worship

7Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 10:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Pleased the cars all good now pete and was good to meet you.

Basically we compression tested the engine as was running lumpy and compressions on no 2 cylinder was down to 20psi so thought the worse (pete saw the readings btw) compression on no3 cylinder was down to 120psi where as 1 & 4 were good at 160.

But before we removed the plugs noticed that the leads were corroded onto them as there had been water ingress and the plugs were rusty as hell and only hand tight which then got me wondering if water had got into the cylinders via plug holes as they were very loose and partially seized the rings onto Pistons
So removed the plugs and sprayed crap loads of penetrating oil down the plug holes on 2 and 3 then just cranked engine a couple times so it penetrated round the rings then left it for a while.
Cranked car over to get the remainder of the oil out then started the car and drove it and was instantly running better. Compression tested her again and compressions had all come back up in line with the other 2 cylinders so problem solved.
Timing had been backed off to 9 degrees so adjusted that and brought base idle back down to where it should be and that's about it.

Stuck a plug cover on there to stop any more water getting down into the wells and one happy chappy.

Glad the cars now running well pete and see you again soon for a remap and Dyno run thumbsup

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 11:05 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

That makes sence, very lucky as everyone else on here is thinking if that was mine it would be fooked lol I know I'm thinking that anyway

9Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 23rd November 2014, 11:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah I thought the worst too as not often you would think the rings would be seized and if it wasn't for the leads being corroded to the plugs and them being loose I don't think I would have tried what I did and expect it to work
But it did so he's a lucky chap and the look of relief on his face was priceless which is worth more than anything as he was expecting a rebuild after he saw the really low reading on that particular cylinder

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 24th November 2014, 1:55 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yoda you the man

Bet you was well chuffed petelesta Wink

11Torque of the south motorsport /Bob Empty Re: Torque of the south motorsport /Bob 24th November 2014, 9:53 am

Ohh gaz you have no idea !!! I was so relieved it really does go to show that bob is The all mighty pulsar lord !!! Thank you again so much !!! And yes ajay that is exactly the purpose of the forum hopefully now if a similar situation arises in the future it might just save someone else's engine. Thank you all for the warm welcome btw it makes me proud to be apart of such a friendly community and you can be sure if any meets are going to be arranged I will be there because I'd like to meet you guys ! I'm still really excited about the plans I have for my mini Godzilla , I've wanted one since I was about 12 so to finally own one is amazing Very Happy even if it was in a bad state when I got it good thing I took it to yoda or who knows what would of happened... Keep watching this space I'll put up a progress thread soon so you guys can keep up to date with my plans, and yes bob these plans include you and your magic touch haha look out 370bhp I'm coming for you...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum