Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most common brake upgrade?

+7
Sparkie
toaster55
ROB_IOW
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
GTI-R US
Ali_legend
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 7th October 2014, 8:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Deanehurn wrote:Yeah defo gonna get the hispec 4pot but do you think the billet ones or the monster set???
Billet.

27Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 7th October 2014, 8:21 pm

There the cheaper ones but I'm
Not worried about cost just want good ones that will last

28Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 7th October 2014, 8:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

they great kit. the monster is basically technical differences such as larger pad area & larger pistons.
in my opinion the billet kit works better with the standard master cylinder bore size & 325mm kit with those billets is more than enough, you would be best spending more cash on a 300mm disc/bracket kit for the rear to help maintain some braking balance.

29Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 7th October 2014, 9:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As above but with a difference

You can buy a big disc conversion from hispec which is the 2 discs, conversion brackets and bolts. These kits use the stock calipers and if the calipers are in good nick then you could buy a set of carbotech pads and fit those in the stock calipers.
With the combination of larger disc size coupled with the carbotech pads your braking force will be significantly improved as there will be less effort required to stop the larger diameter disc especially with the carbotech pads fitted, this will be fine for the odd track day and much improved braking performance otr. Also the discs will cool much quicker so if you bleed and refill the system with high boil point brake fluid think you will save yourself a load of wedge as you should be able to buy that outright
So another option for you

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

30Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 7:04 am

Ok I understand what you mean Mr b makes a good point,
Bob that confused me lol, but I think I got what you meant, just buy the hispec disks and keep by callipers and then get carbotec pads for my standard callipers???

31Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 7:20 am

Sparkie

Carbotec pads are very good if pick the right ones for your needs, but can create a lot of dust that needs cleaning off save damaging your wheels.

32Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 8:27 am

Yeah been told there are good just get really dusty and can squeel a bit

33Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 8:45 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Deanehurn wrote:Ok I understand what you mean Mr b makes a good point,
Bob that confused me lol, but I think I got what you meant, just buy the hispec disks and keep by callipers and then get carbotec pads for my standard callipers???

yes its a big disc front kit hispec do, as you said above but you get new caliper brackets too as the bigger discs will mean the caliper is extended outwards from stock position

34Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 9:51 am

Ah ok so the kit is disks and bracket got you now, do you know rough prices on them??

35Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 10:51 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no but certainly far cheaper than a 4 pot kit
give hispec a call and they should give you a price there and then

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

36Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 12:37 pm

Ok Bob thank you and I will give them a call, btw I just pm you

37Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 5:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Let us know on the price deane ...

38Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 5:10 pm

Ok will do, phoning them in the morning as was busy at work today and didn't have a chance

39Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 6:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What is it you do deane ???

40Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 6:59 pm

Work in a scrap yard atm, have done for nearly 3 years now, wbu

41Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 7:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

He is in the building trade but on a weekend well lets just say its not something i would do it involvs cross dressing

42Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 7:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh right my friend also does the same .... im a builder by week ... weekends i do gardening and also welding mostly rusty old cars lol

43Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 7:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Shhhhh johnny those pics i sent you was meant to be secret cum

44Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 8:35 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Just realised who you are now Deane
Are you the guy that came down to get the seat brackets, and had probs with vacuum pipes on your car?

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

45Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 8th October 2014, 8:46 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

He's the guy I used to see to offload stolen scrap Wink

Just kidding, reckon ive put a fair few tonne of batteries his way over the years...

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

46Most common brake upgrade?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Most common brake upgrade? 9th October 2014, 7:01 am

Lol what Leighton gets up to at weekends and who and what pics he sends people I would rather not know lol, nope bob not me I have never been down to you, I sent my friend last time, I had to double check what you wrote then cause I though you put that ugly guy lol, yeah just a fair few ton off batteries I think, fucking heavy things no wonder the golf buggies go so slow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum