Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

best brake upgrade in combination with 15 inch rims

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bruno2414

Bruno2414

Hello,

I am from Belgium and I just imported a GTI-R from Holland.
On the way home the right front caliper started leaking. The car came with a lot of spare parts, among them two calipers, so I could replace the leaking one.
Because I want to do track days with the car I want an upgrade for the brakes. What is currently the best upgrade kit for the car in combination with the 15 inch OZ superturismo rims which are under the car now.
What 's the best choice, buy an expensive kit for 15 inch (like torax) or buy 16 inch rims and go for bigger discs?

Thanks for the advice,
Bruno

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's up to you I personally like 16s as a all round size for the R. Looks' tyre size/width and as you say clearance for brakes.

I ran a set of tarrox 6pot compact range ( under 16's) and team dynamics pro race 1.2 which are great clearance wheel.

I would highly recommend either if you buy a kit or bigger discs to try carbotec pads they do cp8 road/ track or cp10 more track based. CL ( used to be carbon Lorraine ) is another great pad. Flush out and upgrade your fluid to high grade stuff.

Track wise just keep a eye on oil/water temps don't over do it on brakes . Enjoy lots of short sessions rather than pushing extra laps in one go Make sure cooling system is good etc

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Oh and welcome to the site. Get a few posts up then share a picture or two of your car. Some great people on here so any banter or questions post away

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum, as johnny said about 16s, I think they are a good size and look great. The size of the caliper and the design of the wheels in terms of spokes, play a start as to whether the calipers will clear the wheels. In a lot of cases a small spacer can help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum