Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Removing air con pump

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Removing air con pump Empty Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 7:08 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Hi guys, i wanted to remove my AC pump, is it an easy thing to do with the turbo still in place? i had a quick look at the mounting plate and it looks like there are some bolts between turbo and the block. I really dont want to be taking the exhaust manifold to do it so just curious if i can do it with everything in place.

thanks!

2Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 8:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I did mine with everything in place ... its abit tricky but if i can manage it then you should be ok lol i pulled both out from underneath .... all jokes aside iiirc the bugger one was the the the air con bracket  bolt top right bolt  and dont forget the couple of 10mm bolts pulley side also on the bracket ...

3Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 10:34 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

thanks nomad, i've taken my FMIC and radiator off to do some cleaning and i also had a set of samco rad hoses come in so i thought while ive got so much space i might aswell take the pump out.

Ill defo have a look at it on sunday Smile

4Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 10:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh well your do it easy then with regards to getting them out ...like i said its the bolt up near the turbo wich is a little bugger ... your be suprised how much that air con bracket wieghs ...

5Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 11:01 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

yeah ive heard that they are quite heavy and since my car hasnt got AC plugged in anymore i thought i might take it off as im working on the front end now. Did you notice any difference after removing the AC pump in regards of revs etc? i heard many people say that since there is one pulley less the car revs abit quicker?

ill order the belt tomorrow so hopefully i should have the car put back together by end of next week

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=9398&cat=87&sub=119&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

6Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 11:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it although you can get them from halfords or local motorfactors for half that price just get a piece of string or cut the oe belt and tape it up where you need it to be ..... i can say i noticed to much difference tbh but i just thought getting rid of the wieght was a bonus ...

7Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 26th September 2014, 11:51 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

is it cheaper? i tought that halfords would of been more expensive. Well im meant to be going upto halfords anyway so i might pick up that alternator belt as im there Smile

I might sum up how much weight ive lost from the front just by removing all the brackets, ive still got all the TMIC brackets in my shed and ill have the pump on sunday, might weigh it up and see Very Happy

8Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 27th September 2014, 6:27 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just remember to measure how big the belt you want is ... yeah mate i did the same removed everything i could .... that way it helps when i get my fat arse in it lol ...

9Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 28th September 2014, 10:33 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Ive removed the pump today, that mounting plate is so bloody heavy! heavier then the pump itself!

While at it i removed my alternator and ive started cleaning the engine with a wirebrush bit on my drill, Looks alot cleaner now. My next plan is to do some wiretucking and clean up the engine bay. Do you know anybody on the forum that has some wiretucking?

10Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 28th September 2014, 11:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Told you it was heavy lol .... wire tucking ????

11Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 28th September 2014, 11:41 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

relocating some of the loom and hiding some wires to make thinks look abit cleaner Smile

12Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 29th September 2014, 6:45 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I figured that bit out ... then you said has any members got any wire tucking wich confused me as to what you meant ..... think it must be old age lol

13Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 29th September 2014, 4:26 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Its me typing like a 5 year old Very Happy

14Removing air con pump Empty Re: Removing air con pump 29th September 2014, 5:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

fun tease

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum