Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

turbo

+2
grim_d
richpulsar
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1turbo Empty turbo 21st September 2014, 12:09 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Just cleaning the air filter today and thought I would take it all apart from the turbo just to check things over and I can move the turbine shaft very slightly up and down only a mm or less is that signs of a knackered tubby or is it ok also the intake pipe from the air filter and the metal pipe to the tubby have a decent amount of oil coating the insides and the silicone hoses to the intercooler and plenum have a misting of oil any is this normal as I don't think it is.

Also with the tubby there is no front to back play just up and down.

Rich

2turbo Empty Re: turbo 21st September 2014, 4:56 pm

grim_d

grim_d

What turbo? Normal to have a tiny bit of play, more so in roller bearings.

Does your pcv recirculate to intake? That will cause oil in intake pipes.

High oil pressure and not enough restrictors on after market turbo can cause oil to find its way past the pressure seals, my 3071 for example does give out a bit of oil into intercooler pipes.

Knackered seals or bearings with actually cause you to burn oil, blue smoke on or off boost.

3turbo Empty Re: turbo 21st September 2014, 6:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

rich what you describe I would not be worried.

4turbo Empty Re: turbo 21st September 2014, 8:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As said is it standard rich i cant remember what set up you have ???

5turbo Empty Re: turbo 21st September 2014, 9:41 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Standard tubby and motor and yes the pcv links straight in to intake, I didn't know if play in the shaft was normal or not but it's literally less the 1mm of movement so I won't worry about it, next thing I need now is a new turbo elbow as was trying to change downpipe earlier and snapped a stud where they are rusted up so now need pointing in the right direction for one

6turbo Empty Re: turbo 22nd September 2014, 12:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bogdan is the man if you want an 3" one think they were £160 delivered ..... or bob if you want a used one ....

7turbo Empty Re: turbo 22nd September 2014, 9:30 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Yea think I'll get one from bogdan though have heard that the bolt holes need modification to fit properly??

8turbo Empty Re: turbo 22nd September 2014, 10:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah mate nothing major though think that was the 2nd batch he done that was like that ...iirc its the 3 bolt end that was slightly out not the 5 bolt end ...

9turbo Empty Re: turbo 23rd September 2014, 9:54 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

Ok fair enough mate well ill be getting a new one soon

10turbo Empty Re: turbo 23rd September 2014, 12:19 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

nomad wrote:Yeah mate nothing major though think that was the 2nd batch he done that was like that ...iirc its the 3 bolt end that was slightly out not the 5 bolt end ...
Think mine was 1st batch, wasn't by much, drill or send back. Opted for the easy out, wedged in vice and gave it the hole a good thrash

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

11turbo Empty Re: turbo 23rd September 2014, 2:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I didnt think it was to major just remember bucky having abit of trouble lining it up ...

12turbo Empty Re: turbo 23rd September 2014, 3:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

To be fair to Ro-Sunny, they are very very good fit. just needs elongating/enlarging holes slightly to align well with your front pipe flange in some cases.
Even likes of Mongoose etc sometimes needs a tweak to get good fitment & welds cut down so washers nuts seat better on standard elbow.

13turbo Empty Re: turbo 24th September 2014, 6:30 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

Fair enough well I shall be getting one soon then

14turbo Empty Re: turbo 26th September 2014, 1:24 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

Yup, Mr B's got it in one. Anything aftermarket no matter the price always may need a bit of tweaking.
Quality of it was excellent along with the flow of gas through it
I'd happily buy other things form Sunny based on this one item.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]