Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for a mint shell

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for a mint shell Empty Looking for a mint shell 12th August 2014, 7:27 pm

Samgtir

Hi

Has any one out their got a shell up for grabs , I'm looking for a mint condition one , let me know

2Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 12th August 2014, 9:32 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Think you'll be looking for a long long time Sam
Extremely hard to find now without lumps of metal welded in or pudding disguising a multitude of sins

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 9:28 am

Samgtir

Looks like a mint shell is out of the question, a good shell maybe? I already have a shell but it has a bent front chassis and I am looking for another to combine the two maybe. I am now in a position to start my full rebuild , just need a good base to get going

4Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 3:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What do you want just the front end ???

5Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 5:18 pm

Samgtir

That is an option, do you have any knowledge on a front end replacement? I have phone/email/forum so many people and I just can't find anyone to put it on a jig, I had two companies who would do it and they wanted £2500+ , for that price I can refurb a shell and get it sprayed .

6Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 6:24 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

photo 65191B95-A20A-4660-BDD3-CAEB675E9D8B_zpsmbbkcte0.jpg

7Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 6:25 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

Not mint, but maybe usable shell for you, pm me if interested

8Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 7:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have a fair bit of knowledge with regards to welding/and replacing planels etc ive done chasis leg replacement and turret work before ... you can easy do it yourself aslong as your methodical measure it all and make the jig yourself ... or just buy the shell from above post ...

9Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 8:05 pm

Samgtir

A solid base is a good place to start and a good shell I think, I don't want to really do much chopping and measuring but I do expect some

10Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 13th August 2014, 9:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you know wich section is bent ? You may be able to cut the leg so far bend it into right position and reweld it or just cut a complete section in then reweld it together ...

11Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 14th August 2014, 7:55 am

Samgtir

Yeah it's the front right chassis leg, someone has tried to sort it in the past but haven't done it correctly, I've talked about cutting a replacing which is a good option, given I am going to do a full re build do you think a new shell is the best option or strip and rebuild what I have ? Ether way I'm not fussed I just want to keep cost down and just enjoy a rebuild

12Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 14th August 2014, 9:45 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Depends on a few things really .... either way engine out jobbie .... and as far as cost ... ie welding if you can do it yourself then obviously would be cheaper ... but the few days it will take to do the leg ... you could strip it off and re shell it ... so i dont think its a right or wrong answer mate ...

13Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 14th August 2014, 10:35 am

Samgtir

Dads a welder which is a bonus and I have some one who works in the car spraying buisness, so I think I'm gunna go with the new shell, ideally I would love the umbrella model but I've seen 4 shells now and all were rust so I don't think I can be picky, let me know if any of you guys know where I can get a shell. In the mean time I will se how much for this little blue number. I'm going to do a thread on my rebuild which I hope will be of interest to people . And as usual thanks for everyone's in put its by far the best forum I've been on , so many helpful people out their for these cars

14Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 14th August 2014, 12:50 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive got a shell down here sam (still running car at the mo) but needs full paint and someones filled a dent obn a qualter panel but think it may be rust free

if I get a chance when it stops raining il have a proper look at it for you and check for rust if that's any use to you

15Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 14th August 2014, 2:10 pm

Samgtir

Let me know bob and I will be down ASAP

16Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 10:52 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just checked that shell for you sam and its had it
the underside is riddled with rot so another for mr scrap man
if I hear of or see a half descent one though il give you a shout

the big power car we recently stripped is now stripped, that needs a few bits done but is basically a good shell and you can have that dirt cheap if any use to you, it still has loads of tax and mot on it too which you could cash in
and the shell is 100% straight most importantly, best handling car I had driven in years was that one

17Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 11:52 am

Samgtir

Hi bob

Can you send me some pics, it sounds exactly what I'm looking for

18Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 2:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its outside unit on the floor now sam so best bet is just pop down and take a look at it before it gets full up with rubbish lol

you aint gonna see a great deal from pics but heres a couple of the car before we stripped it
Looking for a mint shell 462ci
Looking for a mint shell 4shv
Looking for a mint shell 0sp8
Looking for a mint shell 2kvs
Looking for a mint shell Isb26
Looking for a mint shell Q7xw4

no wings, doors or bumper on it now its just a shell but all wiring is still in there and a few other bits too
if you want it then just give us £100 for it which is what we get scrap, logbook history and everything else is with the car and even has Clifford alarm still fitted

19Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 3:44 pm

Samgtir

Hi bob

I will come down with the truck next week, is it a rolling shell? Got a flat bed truck to put it on if it's a good one

20Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 3:59 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no not rolling any more sam as said its now been stripped so no wings, bonnet, doors and subframe has been removed
if its what you need though I can get it on truck no problem

21Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 4:46 pm

Samgtir

How heavy it's do you think? Is it light enough lift one?

22Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 4:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

depends how strong you are sam lol

ive delivered a few shells before that haven't been rolling and managed to get them off the truck on my own with a bit of wiggling
its loading it that's the problem if you haven't got a winch but guy next to us has a forklift I can borrow

23Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 4:58 pm

Samgtir

Sounds perfect to me, I will come take alook next week hopefully , and make sure I have my weetabix in the morning , I will be in touch bob

24Looking for a mint shell Empty Re: Looking for a mint shell 15th August 2014, 5:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

il be away from Tuesday to Friday sam as got to nip over to krautland

dave will be here though if you wanna take a look
at a oner you cant lose as you can cash the tax in for more lol
if it helps you out then that's what counts  Wink plus it keeps another R otr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: