Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm going to the nurburgring!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 9:24 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm going to the ring at the begging of august! Has any one been before and do they have any advise? I.e best place for track insurance etc?

2I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:08 am

your insurance is fine for the ring (even when it says in the small print that you are not covered you are) trust me if anything happens on the ring they will get the money out of your insurance company....

but by all means look in to getting some track insurance..

where you stopping? i was looking at doing a trip there in sept for afew of us

3I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:20 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

See Iv read differently, some one was saying you almost certainly won't be covered! We are gonna take a tent and camp, keep costs down a little.

4I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:25 am

its a load of shit i have been over a fair few times and they will get the money out of your insurance company no matter what they are ruthless with it really..

just keep in mind you break down on that track an you will get stung with a bill a mate of mine had his rad pipe let go an it cost him just shy of 1k to clean the track an have him dragged off

5I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:41 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That's really making me feel better  Razz ! At the end of the day it's a risk I have to take I guess other wise I will never go! So if I have a problem on the track and can I not just give them my insurance details then get out of there as quickly as possible? Or will they not let me leave till I have spoken to them??

6I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:43 am

you got it mate you will be stuck there till monies are paid but tbh you wont be talking to the insurance company they will be on to them

7I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 10:50 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

And if the insurance company refuses to pay as I'm not covered then I'm up shit creek! Best have a look at track insurance!!
Any other tips or advice?

8I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 9th June 2014, 11:21 am

They have to pay its a toll road an they will get the money out of them.

Get the track insurance for piece of mind, I would sign up to this recovery company Adac aswell as they collect cars off the ring that way it won't cost to be pulled

9I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 5:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

this just copied from my policy small print pete

Please Note:- Nurburgring/Nordschleife/Touristenfahrten- The Road Traffic Act 1988 prohibits an insurer from excluding minimum level cover anywhere in an EU member state in a place where insurance is mandatory. However, the cover required by law is minimum level cover. Therefore, third party only to the limits set out in the Road Traffic Act. However, if we are obligated to meet a claim we otherwise would not pay then we reserve the right to reclaim the settlement from you. In the case of tourist days (Touristenfahrten) on the Nordschleife, third part only cover will apply but as we exclude use on a race track or prepared course we will reclaim any outlay with regards to a claim from you

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 5:36 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

So basically any insurer has to cover you by law??

11I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 5:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 5:42 pm

see i was right lol

ive been enough times to know now

13I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 6:31 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Lol! But if I stuff it my car won't be paid out for Sad

14I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 6:34 pm

and the wont cover you if you smash the barriers

15I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 10th June 2014, 7:09 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Really? I thought it would!

16I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 11th June 2014, 8:19 pm

it will cover you for the barriers,

its not your driving its the other people out there they get too excited so keep your eyes open on the track..

your not going to be going fast enough as the corners are harsh an as its your first time your not going to learn the track enough to get in to trouble

17I'm going to the nurburgring!! Empty Re: I'm going to the nurburgring!! 11th June 2014, 8:23 pm

Standard road insurance won't pay out if you hit a barrier unless you are extremely friendly with the insurer
Some of the cheaper track day insurer often won't pay out and if you do I can take along time to get it sorted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum