Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

this could be interesting

+2
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1this could be interesting Empty this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 4:48 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

whilst fitting the rear subframe to the rasheen project were doing I noticed that the prop is slightly different to the pulsar one in that its actually designed as a slipper prop so if you are over rough terrain or cornering hard on a circuit when the body is likely to distort 'for example' the prop will move back and forth and hence not put any strain on the front or rear diff.
will be interesting to see how this affects the handling of the car.
also will be interesting to see if it can handle around 500lbft of torque going through it lol

the bit im talking about is just to the rear of the front doughnut bush
this could be interesting Xtmp

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 5:41 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Could be very interested in how it works as i think it is neeed for a type of bearing used on a carbon prop which i want in the future

3this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 5:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ps i hope you share the info i wont be buying one of these vehices to find out my self lol

4this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 6:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

haha you know you want one johnny  Laughing 

yep course il let people know, assuming it can handle the torque without crapping itself it has to be a great idea for a track or fast road based car and seeing as the rasheen is a 98 model it has obviously been engineered a little further than the pulsar props.

if you think about it I would say the handling would be improved with less strain on the diffs too as well as less vibration

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

5this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 6:31 pm

gtir_sunny

If it can't handle the torque and does snap (worse case scenario) could be pretty dangerous, hope it is over engineered but don't think much things are for the power you want to run, can't wait to see it finished.

Ps thanks for the bits, need time to fit them now

6this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 6:38 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

your welcome fella glad they arrived all ok

yes your quite correct regarding it breaking, if it does there will be an upside down moment coming up but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

I may fit a steel shield around it about an inch from the prop and bolt it to the floor because if it does then break it should hold the shafts horizontal enough not to flip the car over, I reckon itll be ok though as they are predominantly fwd

7this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 7:14 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

ah you've had a little bit more of a looky at that prop then bob Smile
Might not be workin this weekend so may very well pop up with........

8this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 18th March 2014, 11:35 pm

boyciegtir325

My daughter said you can have her set of stabilisers, just in case the car does try and flip!!!! lol! 

9this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 19th March 2014, 11:03 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thanks paul il take them
and in return il lend her my kylie record that I was gonna play whilst driving the beast 'im spinning around'  Laughing

10this could be interesting Empty Re: this could be interesting 19th March 2014, 1:17 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

boyciegtir325 wrote:My daughter said you can have her set of stabilisers, just in case the car does try and flip!!!! lol! 

Its ok, last time I saw it, it was on skid pan trollys  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum