Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quaife box

+8
Gl3nnGTIR
Concrete-GTIR
Whytie
Andy Sunny Gti
splmum
GTIR James
nomad
sy84
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 4th March 2014, 10:24 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I had to buy a new quaife input shaft for when when I started getting clutch clearance problems! It cost a good few hundred quid, looked as worn as the one you've got there, but to be honest, didn't fix my problem so therefore means it was still in ok working order really. Depending on how expensive your clutch is, it might be worth just fitting it an see how you get on. But if you've got a mega expensive clutch, it's probably not worth fitting as it would damage the centre splines on the clutch quicker until it strips them too.

27Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 4th March 2014, 10:57 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not worth the risk in my eyes as it looks well shot and he is to be running fair amount through it

28Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 4th March 2014, 11:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What clutch will you be running for that kind of power ?

29Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 5th March 2014, 5:07 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

sy84 wrote:Shame is I have yet to use the box! So was sold it in this condition

Was it sold on any of the 3 forums or not?
As I think only 3-4 have been sold in the last year so would be quite easy to find out who.

Was it delivered to you?
Did you have any pictures or view before you bought it?

To be honest I think you have already given a hint who. Wink 

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 5th March 2014, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

30Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 5th March 2014, 9:11 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

there is no way the seller didnt realise the shaft was worn like that, and were not talking a couple of quid here its £2300 smackers. The seller really has no come back at all he cant say oh i didnt relise it or oh it happened in transit etc etc. i would definitly name and shame so noone else in the community has this happen to them, and you should definitely get your money back mate cause thats bad. Whatever you do dont fit it either no point in puttting somethign like that on your car

31Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 5th March 2014, 9:22 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

personally i would tell the guy to replace the shaft or cover the cost of the shaft, if it gets fixed then atleast you know you have a brand new shaft in there which wont give you trouble in the future, providing everything else in the box is fine, did you confirm its a genuine quife box? sorry thats not exactly a little amount of money..

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

32Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 6th March 2014, 2:51 pm

sy84

It was brought from a trusted guys so I'm sure it will get it sorted,to be honest I'm finkin refund as I have waited so long to get this engine done Want to fit this week of re-fitting standard box and run less power

33Quaife box - Page 2 Empty Re: Quaife box 7th March 2014, 10:49 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

its been brought to my attention that there are two sides to this and this gearbox was sold over 8 months ago in good condition.
car was then advertised on the forum for sale at 6k late last year but removed as advertisement was unpaid.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2197-my-white-gtir

will leave you to draw your own conclusions but this is not a forum issue or open for debate so thread will be locked whilst the two parties resolve the issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum