Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps

+4
GTIR James
nomad
GTI-R US
Hardy172cup
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:21 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I Have just ordered myself a new oil pump because I'm gathering parts for an engine build.

I thought some of you may be interested in these I found on eBay, they had 4 left yesterday and now they have 2 left!

The price has come in at just under £150, that's including shipping and import tax and everything wich I think is very good.

Anyway here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191061936804?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

2Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:32 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's well cheap I just ordered and received 2 pumps which came in at £450 odd by the time I paid ups import duty, they do it cash on delivery now  Rolling Eyes 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:38 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I know I've had the post man turn up with a new exhaust for my quad from america once and he was asking for about £200 for import tax! (it was an expensive exhaust) I about shed a tear when I handed him that over haha.

I didn't even want to buy the oil pump yet because I left myself short now but the price was so good I though Ive got to get it now, it's false economy to wait until I have more cash spare because they will probably would be gone by then.
It's the first time I've ordered something from abroad and paid the import duty before hand.

4Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:42 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

how can you pay the import duty when buying it?
have you got it yet bill?

5Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:46 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well that's what I though but it says on the eBay listing pay nothing on delivery and it automatically calculates import duty so you pay there and then. Maybe it's a new system because people have been caught unaware with import dutys at the door?
We will see when it turns up but according to ebay it's all paid, although it did say it was an estimate so I wouldn't be supprised if there was something to pay, but their shouldn't be lol

6Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:49 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

read further down the ad bill
heres what it says:

International Buyers – Please Note:
•Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
•Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

7Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 11:53 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Oh well I was kinda half expecting import duty lol
The pump itself was about £110 when converted to pounds so shouldn't be a great deal should it, I'm guessing no more than £30 or something
Bloody tax everywhere, we're taxed up to the eyeballs in this country

8Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 12:03 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've got a tip for avoiding import tax bob, I'm not sure if it works my mate told me about it.

He races quads and when sponsors send him parts he dosent pay any import tax obviously because they were given to him.
but he said to me when he orders something he asks the seller to put the reason for sending the goods is as sponsorship for racing that way he dosent pay import duty, as far as import tax goes there's nothing to pay because he was supposedly given the goods as sponsorship but at the same time the goods are fully insured because the seller can declare full value of the goods if that makes any sense to you lol

I've never tried doing this but it makes sence and it's not an unbelievable story because a lot of us could claim we use our cars for amateur Motorsports, you don't have to be famous or successful for somebody to sponsor you as a racer (obviously it helps lol).

It might be worth asking the seller next time you order a part from another country, worse case scenario they can only say no.

9Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 12:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I was just reading through the terms and conditions of the sale and the company you pay the duty too is some kind of u.s logistics company (Pitney bowes) but I cant make head nor tail of it, don't know if its some kind of scam to get extra money or what : /

guess you wont know till it arrives

let us know how you get on when you receive it

10Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 12:10 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this one, even if it is some kind of scam and I have to pay import tax when it arrives, as long as it gets here it will still be a decent price but hopefully there will be nothing to pay and £150 will be a bargain for a new oem oil pump

11Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 12:13 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

We might be in for a wait to find out though because I selected the cheep ass postage option Laughing

12Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 12:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Doesnt that also work for second hand parts ... no import duty ...?

13Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 1:34 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not sure but in theory I don't see why not

14Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 1:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

not true as weve delivered parts to Norway, the states etc and they have been marked as used parts yet the recipients have had to pay duty on them
customs are a ripoff no matter where you live so it seems

15Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 2:00 pm

GTIR James

Seems a scam to me. (Only time will tell)
I ordered quite a few bits from Eric's for my engine expecting a massive import duty bill..... Waited a week & got a payslip through my door stating I owe £63 on import I was mega happy with this as import is charged on the overall cost of the parcel & postage. Mine was $840 & import was only £63
May have something to do with that Eric's marked the value of the parcel to be $350
Import tax is normally around the 20% mark of the parcel value.
Hope you don't get stung tho as will be a bargain price. Good luck

16Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 2:06 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well this US logistics company is a legitimate company because I have looked them up on google and it says it's covered by the eBay money back guarantee.

I suppose we will see when it turns up. Hopefully it will turn up with no unexpected import dutys lol

17Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 10:01 pm

Gtirchris

I ordered a rear caliper seal kit from west covina nissan in the states as it was much cheaper with all of the taxes than i could get it in the uk, i paid the import duty on ebay as well which came up as pitney bowes on my statement, the seal kit was delivered by yodel the other day with no extra charges, so you should be fine fella.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

18Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 10:24 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Nice to know that somebody else has used the same payment method and all was well, thanks mate Very Happy
£150 for a brand new oil pump delivered from the states, I'm happy with that Very Happy

19Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 8th February 2014, 10:41 pm

danr

danr

some offer UPS expedited now, where you pay all in one go all duties etc. to UPS, they deal with the rest of it..
also different parts/equipment/engines etc have different taxes according to this:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

20Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 21st February 2014, 2:14 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Oil pump arrived today with no hidden charges, it was well packaged and isn't damaged in any way, quite impressed with the price and service, just under £150 including tax and shipping from america and Its not like its took ages or anything

21Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 21st February 2014, 2:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's good to know bill
very cheap pump you got there buddy  Wink 

22Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 21st February 2014, 3:54 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers bob, it's nice to find a genuine bargain Very Happy

23Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 21st February 2014, 9:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

glad it arrived ok sometimes the letter comes a few days week later but fingers crossed

24Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 21st February 2014, 10:19 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

johnny gtir wrote:glad it arrived ok sometimes the letter comes a few days week later but fingers crossed

Ahh never thought of that, hopefully there will be no nasty surprises coming through the post within the next few days.

25Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps Empty Re: Cheep Nissan OEM oil pumps 22nd February 2014, 1:31 am

gtir_sunny

I've ordered the same pump, the custom charge isn't paid to the seller, you should have two payments sent out for the same transaction, one to the seller and one for customs, once you pay that, customs is paid for

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum