Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi?

+4
nomad
GTI-R US
RO_SUNNY
fred05
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 10:34 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Actually a friedn of mine who own a sunny GTi N14 want to tune his Ecu, but he prefers to keep the genuine one and map another...

as it is a hard job to find a GTi Ecu, would it be possible to put GTiR Ecu on his car and nistune it, and then put a GTi map inside???

2GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 10:50 am

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

Yeah....it's basicaly a plug and play operation

3GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 2:23 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

could someone else confirm that? 2 is better than 1 Smile

thanks Bogdan!

4GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 2:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I guess it could all be remapped but im not so sure tbh due to the many different parameters between an na and charged car
plus a completely different wiring loom to all the rear sensors etc

this is going to be my biggest problem with the rasheen project as ive a pfc or motec ecu both for gtir which I need to make work on something with a different loom but il cross that bridge when I come to it

would be interesting to see what dave watoga makes of this

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 3:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id be intrested to see the difference i would think there is some differences in hardware in the ecu itself between an n/a and boosted car .... hence when you convert a n/a car you have to get a stand alone .... i may well be wrong though lol

6GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 3:41 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

i think for your problem Bob, i'd say "take the loom of a gtir and problem sorted!!" Wink
but it's maybe not so easy, don't know really!! Ah AH!!

7GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 3:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

fred05 wrote:i think for your problem Bob, i'd say "take the loom of a gtir and problem sorted!!" Wink
but it's maybe not so easy, don't know really!! Ah AH!!

yes I will be using the main ecu loom but the other main engine loom on gti or rasheen is completely different (this is the main rear sensor loom) that plugs in to side of relay box under bonnet........that is not as easy to change and is not a straight swap over so not as simple as you may think unless you have very good electrical skills with regard to tracing back the pinouts on ecu and making your own loom up

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 4:40 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

electrical what??? i've just connect a new starter motor and new electronic dizzy on my mini engine...i spent 1h30 to connect (quite beautiful things i've done!) 10 wires... Razz Razz

i don't call that skills, but genious god blessing i have in my hands  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

9GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 14th January 2014, 7:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Maybe picked this up wrong but is one problem the wires go to the wrong place or type of plug at ecu ?

10GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 15th January 2014, 8:10 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

wrong johny, no wires problem here!!

11GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 15th January 2014, 6:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

With you now 
Custom loom time for bob

12GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 16th January 2014, 7:28 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Hi Fred,

I suppose the main issue would be do the GTi ECU pins map 1-to-1 with the GTiR ECU pins? Obviously there will be some omissions, such as the wastegate control (pin 111) and the fact the GTiR uses an electronic speed sensor, but perhaps these could be overcome if other important (e.g. ignition, power, sensors, etc.) functions mapped to the same pins. I took a look at the mapping address files for the N14-SR20DE and the RNN14-SR20DET and they seem to use the same base file, but with some changes to specific ECU parameters (as defined by the NIStune parameter 'NTLOOKUPID').

For ease-of-use I would go for a NIStune'd N14-SR20DE board as then you will guarantee compatibility. However, a RNN14-SR20DET board *may* be compatible if you are willing to spend the time rewiring (if necessary) and resetting the GTiR board to GTi specifications.

Hope this helps a little,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

13GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 16th January 2014, 11:02 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

it helps ! thanks mates for all you message!

14GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 20th January 2014, 12:13 am

groundscraper

I´m runing a GTIR ECU in my gti... no changes to the wiring loom at all...

It´s P&P, i have a gtir ECU, MAF and 440CC injectors(side feed), same size as GTIR...

You will loose the turbo solenoid, but that´s no problem, aparently it´s conect to the same ECU pin as the O2 sensor, read that the solenoid only works at WOT, and at the same time disconects the O2, can´t confirm that...

You also want to make sure you use a titania sensor, the skiny type, my car already had one, so it was bolt on...

So the ECU works, you just have to change maps for your aplication...

15GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 20th January 2014, 9:01 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Awesome info mate!!

but i confirm, my friend found a GTi ECU to suits is requirements!

thanks a lot for these informations

16GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? Empty Re: GTiR ecu can be put on Sunny GTi? 31st January 2014, 6:34 pm

vvlwezz

im going to be using a GTiR ECU in my GTI with a horsham dev mappable jobby in it. I plugged it in the other day and it was trying to start but wouldnt fire because the horsham is tuned for 700cc inj, Z32 and a 3071R, all of which my little GTi doesnt have at the moment. Could smell fuel no end  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum