Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

gtir detonating when remapping

+7
johnny gtir
gtirx2
GTI-R US
nomad
pulsarmoley
Gaz GTiR
gtir.chef
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1gtir detonating when remapping  Empty gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 12:25 am

gtir.chef

ok just had my car remapped.
only made around 320 bhp
the re mapper said, he could not get much boost e.g only 1.1 of boost
as any more than this it was detting.

the fuel was from esso 97 super unleaded.

The fuel was 6 weeks old then topped it up with esso 97 before i went for remap.

he said maybe esso is shi# and wants me to come back after i drain my tank and only put in vtec in from shell.

i do have a new turbo with a actuator * cant spell *which he said may need adjusting.??

I got new plugs in with right gap..

very disappointed ,,,

still dont know why..... could it be the fuel
any tips or experience or have you had the same problem

please help before i sell lol

2gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 12:49 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh id say its the fuel, try Tesco momentum 99 or shell v-power

3gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 12:52 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Could your base timing be an issue? Ive never had an issue with esso super?

4gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 1:21 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

pulsarmoley wrote:Could your base timing be an issue? Ive never had an issue with esso super?
Hmm that's a good point. Would of thought the mapper would of checked base timing realy, but maybe not?

5gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 2:03 am

gtir.chef

Hmmm timing n1..
Any more feedback will b great of there again on Tuesday. .
Thank you means a lot. .

6gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 7:26 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Also as Gaz has said, use as much of the fuel in the tank and then fill right up with fresh. Technically petrol starts to go stale after only 2 weeks and its the ingredients that attain the octane that are lost first. Petrol is classed as stale at 6 weeks.

7gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 8:30 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you done a fault code check ?

8gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 9:21 am

gtir.chef

Im so pleased if its the fuel. As I dont know what to do if its something else. 17 years im trying to get this right and this is my third remap. Want it right for Tuesday. Or im selling lol....

9gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 11:31 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

as said above really

check base timing is set between 18-20 degrees
make sure there are no mechanical knocks from engine which could be triggering false knock like anything rattling under the bonnet at certain rpm

fill it up with a fresh tank of v power

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 1:13 pm

gtir.chef

Thx for the info means a lot. Thank you
Keep safe
Chef

11gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 1:48 pm

gtirx2

gtirx2

Also make sure your plugs are the right heat range.

12gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 5th December 2013, 7:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Surly he can tell you abit more i doubt the fuel would be a massive factor at that age etc whats your set up etc

13gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 6th December 2013, 8:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Any news on this chef ?

14gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 7th December 2013, 12:10 am

gtir.chef

well the news is i have empty the tank, and will fill up for Tuesday with vtec from shell will ask them to check my plugs and more important my timing.#####

thx for the tips,,,,

will let you know how i get on fingers crossed ...

15gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 7th December 2013, 10:18 pm

danr

danr

go to a busy a shell station as well, if like my quiet local the vpower sits in the tanks unused losing its powah!

16gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 10th December 2013, 11:08 pm

gtir.chef

ok lads got a result made 382 bhp at 1.4 bar
was hoping for the magic 400 but he wanted it more safe as i got a standard gearbox
and if i want more at my own risk he will tweak it up
but i must say its rapid.

what i did was change the plug as advice from fast guy and but vpower in

but the main problem was the actuator on the turbo was way to weak.

never thought it could of been that but there you go i am happy.

its been 17 / 18 years *i forget* but this is a dream day for me.

will be in touch and thank you for your help.
im sure i will ask you again and again

keep safe

chef

17gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 10th December 2013, 11:35 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Glad its sorted, what turbo and actuator you running?

18gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 12:14 am

gtir.chef

thank you.
its a Pulsar GTi-R 2871R Turbo, 1 Bar Actuator

19gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 12:36 am

buckym120

buckym120

Good figures mate get the graphs up when you get a moment

20gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 6:28 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Thats good power for boost, do you reckon you would hit your 400 mark at 1.6bar with a stronger actuator?

21gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 11:30 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's about right for a 3071r at the given boost

as the tuner guy said though whats the point in running more if your gearbox is likely to blow.
plenty quick enough for a road car imho so enjoy  Very Happy 

22gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 5:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:that's about right for a 3071r at the given boost

as the tuner guy said though whats the point in running more if your gearbox is likely to blow.
plenty quick enough for a road car imho so enjoy  Very Happy 
Its a 2871r Bob Wink

23gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 11th December 2013, 5:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ah right well it wont make much more than 400 then even at higher boost
good result is that at 1.4

24gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 12th December 2013, 2:10 am

beau_1990

beau_1990

ah this was my gt2871r, this wasnt just a standard one, i had it modified, and its a 0.64 too.

25gtir detonating when remapping  Empty Re: gtir detonating when remapping 12th December 2013, 2:20 am

gtir.chef

Hello beau thats right..
This the one I got from you.
What is the 0.64 m8.
Hope you are well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum