Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake master cylinder support braket

+7
fred05
burrows1980
ROB_IOW
knights of nee
nomad
BEBB GTIR
Scooby_killer
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 6:02 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

stevepudney wrote:Scooby Killer      (this isn't intended as a sales pitch sorry if it comes over that way)

I will be making a small batch or 5-6 no more, and am happy to turn you up an extra alloy cup for the bracket you have. I have received your email and will let you know when your cup is ready.

Just so you know the cup was incorporated into this design to protect and strengthen. It's lesson's any friction between the steel bracket and the end of the alloy master. As it fits over the end of the master cylinder and the adjustment screw fits into the end of it, it keeps the adjustment screw from moving/wondering on the end of the master cylinder, and in turn helps to stop any side to side movement of the master cylinder as the brake is depressed.

Thanks Steve yeh I still need the alloy cup so once you have made a few I'll have the alloy cup off you just let me no when your ready, I've just cleaned up my braket and repaintef it black again so just waiting in the alloy cup from you Steve also I'll have the nut and blot thing aswell that goes to the alloy cup might aswell replace that aswell as mine has seen better days

Thanks

27Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 7:29 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Steve welcome to the site mate.as above if you could knock me a cup up would be app will cover all costs

28Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 7:33 pm

stevepudney

ah, the adjusting nut you mean ?

That starts of life in two pieces, fitted to the bracket and the domed nut welded to the top.....basically it means they would need cutting off and new one welded back, anyway thats all stainless steel, how on earth have you damaged it LOL

29Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 7:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just the cup is missing on mine

30Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 8:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I did wonder how you made the bolts .... as i couldnt find any anywhere closest i found was a bucket bolt ..... was thinking of the same of welding a piece on

31Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 9:11 pm

stevepudney

nomad wrote:I did wonder how you made the bolts .... as i couldnt find any anywhere closest i found was a bucket bolt ..... was thinking of the same of welding a piece on
you could use part of a bucket bolt but it would look a bit shit Wink  I couldn't find the bits to make the first ones so I just made them myself LOL I wish it was simple but due to the lack of space around the back of the master cylinder, there isn't much space for standard size bit's and bobs, it's all custom turned stuff, that's why they take so fecking long to make LOL

32Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 9:13 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

stevepudney wrote:ah, the adjusting nut you mean ?

That starts of life in two pieces, fitted to the bracket and the domed nut welded to the top.....basically it means they would need cutting off and new one welded back, anyway thats all stainless steel, how on earth have you damaged it LOL
Yes Steve the adjusting nut, I bought it secondhand complete with the cup but I've lost the alloy cup and the adjusting nut on mine has the threads damaged abit nothing serious but just thought might aswell get it changed but as you say it's welded it doesn't matter I could live with it just need the cup please then

Oh and sorry forgot to say welcome to the club Steve

33Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 10:48 pm

stevepudney

no worries.......not in any immediate hurry I hope as the others that wanted one seem to be dragging their heals a little. Will get one to you asap.

34Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 28th November 2013, 11:07 pm

posted on the gtiroc before steve and if anyone pulls out ill have one

35Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 2:46 pm

werent these made out of ally by someone else on the oc a few years ago?

36Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 5:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have a jig made up from a alloy one not sure if it was the same batch though ...

37Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 6:30 pm

can you post a pic of it and i will let you know if its the right one

38Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 6:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il see if i still have the pic of it .... i only borrowed it of a member made a jig then sent it on it was a single piece that went across in front of the master not like steve's brackets ....

39Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 7:12 pm

from what i recall be it fecking years ago now..........they were a L shaped bracket withe 2 retaining holes a large bolt which was adjusted against the end of the master cylinder so it didnt flex.
please correct me if i am wrong.

40Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 7:26 pm

this is what i am on about :

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?29581-brake-master-cyclinder-stopper-bracket

41Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 7:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I know these have been made by several different people over the years in oz. Mine is a different design to that one, I can't remember where I got it now..

42Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 8:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah thats the same although the one i had wasnt as nicely done or polished the tig welds were quite thick and blobby looking i think steves design is more better tbh ..

43Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 8:34 pm

I was just looking to borrow one so i can make one out of stainless steel and tig it together for my own use.

44Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 9:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cant help you out there mate as i dont have one ... i do have the dimensions written down though if that would help it would be the flat pack version so pre pieces for welding i measured then draw around the actual bracket then jigged it before i sent it back .... i could photocopy it and send it to you as im nice lol ...

45Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 9:53 pm

cheers that would be good Very Happy

can send via email to mroverboooost@gmail.com cheers

46Brake master cylinder support braket - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake master cylinder support braket 20th October 2014, 10:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pm me your actual address and il send it via post that way your get the proper scale ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum