Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheapest place to buya new brake master cylender

+6
GTI-R US
Scooby_killer
johnny gtir
gtir_sunny
BEBB GTIR
Gaz GTiR
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok took my car to have the brakes bled up today & turns out the mastercylender id fooked, ive tried 3 in the past but all was secondhand so must of all been knackerd.

So im going to buy a new 1 & just have done with it... Now Nissan want £162.00 + vat  affraid  Not a chance...

So I may have to go for the cheaper option & get a copyed part. But dous anyone know where I can get 1 at a good price?

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

thats what I paid from nissan, and I looked everywhere but couldn't find one

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Someone has to make a copied part... £162 + vat is a joke

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

the master cylinder on the R fits my almer gti, maybe you could ring nissan again and see if there are cheaper master cylinders from other models that will fit

gtir_sunny

I had a few of these which I had up for sale, they were napco made and I was after £70 brand new, your best bet is to find a rebuild kit, I'll have a look in my garage if I have any left

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh please mate that would be great Smile

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Dont know if it needs any mods to fit but did someone not fit a primera dci one and say it was a slight upgrade aswell

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Am in same boat as you gaz, I bought a secondhand master cylinder of bob last year since then I've tried new disc, new pads, had all four callipers recondition changed brake fluid to dot 5.1 and I've still got shit brakes I gave up eventually 
I think my master cylinder must be knackered aswell let me no how you get on gaz if you fit a new master cylinder and it cures your problem.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its a possibility lads that these are no good but seems very strange to me that you could fit 3 faulty ones all with the same problem.
plus the last one we sent gaz was almost new and was working fine on the car before we stripped it

read here
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2795-brakes-again

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You shouldnt use dot5  fluid as its silicone based .... dot 3..... dot 4 .... dot 5.1  is the stuff.... just incase

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh it is strange that all 3 would be knackerd but like the guy said today there all probably 20 years old now & swapping & changing them of good working cars could just disturb the seals etc after them drying out abit then filling them with fluid & bleeding them once fitted to another car... Seems abit of a slim chance that would happen but I don't know?

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You hear of people blowing the seals. I know alot of stuff now clutches on new vectras have to be gravity or low pressure easy bleed the manual depressing the pedal either dont work or causes damage

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Is possible all 3 became faulty as old & if you pumped it to death bleeding manually then an old master can play up for reasons you mention above.
Still hard to believe all 3 gave exactly the same level fault though.
Doubt you get pattern part as such, you may find OEM Napco cylinder reboxed by likes of lockheed or similar so worth checking round decent japanese auto-factors.
I personally would only use secondhand parts for brakes if new parts really hard find or incredibly stupid money as they are just too important to risk on unknown parts.
Rebuild kit could be option if kit not silly money & you got at least one cylinder body bore in super good condition.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as said the parts are normally old but the one we sent gaz looked reasonably new condition and the pedal was all good on car it was removed from as I drove it prior to removal.

the solid brake syndrome is normally caused by the master cylinder seizing up which makes the brake pedal very difficult to depress therefore you do not get full clamping pressure on the discs from pads..................but the guy said the seal is leaking on the mc which may well now be the case but is that gonna solve the initial problem with the solid pedal that's been apparent on all 3 master cylinders  Suspect 
it is a possibility but somehow I don't think that's gonna solve the initial problem, I hope I am wrong but its definitely worth a try with a new mc
I would not fit a seal kit in this instance, best off to replace the whole thing and then if it don't work you can then 100% rule out the master cylinder

just out of curiosity gaz, is it just the once you've replaced the servo? and have you gor good vacuum pressure to the servo?
if you continually pump the brakes with engine running and a bleed nipple loose does the engine note change slightly at idle?

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Gtirchris

Have you tried Bigg red brakes mate?  as they do master cylinder repair kits, or they will re-furb it for you if you post it to them. Very Happy 

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

keastygtir

http://www.whitepost.com/brake.html

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

GTI-R US wrote:yep as said the parts are normally old but the one we sent gaz looked reasonably new condition and the pedal was all good on car it was removed from as I drove it prior to removal.

the solid brake syndrome is normally caused by the master cylinder seizing up which makes the brake pedal very difficult to depress therefore you do not get full clamping pressure on the discs from pads..................but the guy said the seal is leaking on the mc which may well now be the case but is that gonna solve the initial problem with the solid pedal that's been apparent on all 3 master cylinders  Suspect 
it is a possibility but somehow I don't think that's gonna solve the initial problem, I hope I am wrong but its definitely worth a try with a new mc
I would not fit a seal kit in this instance, best off to replace the whole thing and then if it don't work you can then 100% rule out the master cylinder

just out of curiosity gaz, is it just the once you've replaced the servo? and have you gor good vacuum pressure to the servo?
if you continually pump the brakes with engine running and a bleed nipple loose does the engine note change slightly at idle?

Yes the servo is working & if i pump the pedal at idle you can hear the engine change note, the pedal isnt hard. 1st initial press it sinks a little more than if i pump it 2 or 3 times, then it hardens up as it should feel with servo working... Theres just no bite tho & if i push hard threw the resistance on the pedal & push it as far as i can the it feels like it hits a stop half way down & you cant push it any further.
No mate its always been the same, not just since i changed the servo. If ive not sorted it by the RR day you can take it out Bob & see what i mean  Embarassed

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just found this of a primerea, looks exactly the same as a pulsar mastercylender? Says its 25.4mm Is this suitable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Master-Cylinder-Nissan-Primera-P10-Lucas-with-ABS-25-4mm-/300794147848?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4608ba7408

Also found this 1 of a primera, a lot cheaper aswell, But will it be ok? ie internal bore size?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-PRIMERA-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-LM-39050-NEW-/261094072318?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cca6b5ffe

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think i read something about the p11 fitting sure it was on the canada site  but i recall something to do with the amount of holes for the brake lines have a google gaz ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum