Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake pipe flaring tool

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Brake pipe flaring tool 18th October 2013, 10:18 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Hi guys my car is off the road and I thought I will start doing some work on it, I want to change the cars whole brake pipes as one of the rear is corroded so thought I'd do all of them
I've been having a look at some flaring tools but don't no which one to buy I've never done any thing like this before so this is going to be my first time any tips and help would be great

But this is what I have see in eBay let me no guys which one you guys think is best

http://bit.ly/12wDgKR
Or
http://bit.ly/17SCWnb

Sorry guys don't no how to put direct links up to eBay on my phone so have just put iteam numbers

Thanks guys

2Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 18th October 2013, 11:16 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

its not a hard job i done it once and dont have much experience, seems daunting but its easy enough i used one which went in a vice similar to the top one, keep hold of the end fittings as the new ones i had didnt work very well ended up reusing the old ones

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

3Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 12:45 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I was thinking about buying the first one aswell just wanted other peoples reviews before I bought it

Thanks guys

4Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 4:06 pm

kenny1pulsar

I've got the second 1. Had it about 2 years and never let's me down. Use it a lot at work and have managed to flare original steel brake pipes so they can be joined although not recommended as it wears out the grips quicker. Bought from machine mart.

5Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 5:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Both will do the job. powerhand is good and complete boxed kit is expensive.
powerhand good as works well in tight scenarios on vehicle. Sealey style one is quick to use & quite a good tool & has more flaring options over the single powerhand one.
Tip on using old fittings is worth taking note of as some new fittings don't work that well on manufacturer parts/fittings.
Binned a nicely bent pipe I did for a legacy as couldn't loose any length for reflaring as new fittings didn't take much thread. Old ones worked & looked far better .

6Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 6:03 pm

Would be worth getting some tube to experiment with.only problem you might have is that the standard nissan brake pipes are quite thick so can take a but more force to do than you think

7Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 7:16 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I don't want to buy an expensive one as if I were in the motor trade it would be ideal to buy
I think I will go with the first on on my list will also buy a pipe cutter and pipe bender tool I've just purchased a 25ft 3/16 brake pipe hose so should be enough to do the whole car hopefully

8Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 19th October 2013, 10:29 pm

I've got one of the sealey type one works alright.but only used it a few times really make sure you you get a good pipe cutter too

9Brake pipe flaring tool Empty Re: Brake pipe flaring tool 16th December 2014, 9:51 pm

Gtirchris

Tip for bending the pipes mate, find a socket or something circular that is about the correct radius and bend the pipe around it to the angle that you need, also cupro nickle pipe is better than the copper as it doesn't 'work harden' over time and I find that with the copper pipe when you tighten the fittings it can grip the pipe end and twist it sometimes which obviously isn't good.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum