Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs

+6
fred05
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
r called jay
nomad
watoga
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs - Page 3 Empty Re: Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs 22nd January 2014, 8:41 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I have pops & bangs mapped into my Nistune ecu... Basicly I rang Ed at fusion & asked him if it was possible & he told me to send him my ECU & he would see what he could do!
Anyway he said he retarded the timing on over run which Dave has explained above, & added a little more fuel on over run.

How much he retarded the timing on over run by I don't know... But basicly it only works if I rest my foot a little on the accelerator or I gently repetedly tap the accelerator... so it just starts to open butterflys in the inlet.

So if the throttle is fully closed it wont do it? Maybe a good thing in residential areas tho Very Happy

Heres a little video of mine on the motorway popping & banging, put headphones in & turn volume up Wink Not best quality tho & camera man dous decide to turn the camera the right way up half way threw  Laughing 

https://youtu.be/wa8ILhLaF5o

52Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs - Page 3 Empty Re: Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs 22nd January 2014, 9:40 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

watoga wrote:
fred05 wrote:Ah Ah, will do that!!! so fuuuuuun!!!! lol

Also note that this will provide pretty big flames out the back too............. Just be careful though, you don't want to cook your car  Very Happy 

Dave
 Or cook a cat!

53Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs - Page 3 Empty Re: Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs 29th January 2014, 5:36 pm

weblizzer

Hi Dave,

Just a question, since I'm only using a tunerpro how will i able to achieve this?.. as i see on the grid. I need to change those 50 value to 20?

Hope you can help. Smile

54Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs - Page 3 Empty Re: Standard Pulsar vs Sunny ECUs 30th January 2014, 7:25 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

weblizzer wrote:Just a question, since I'm only using a tunerpro how will i able to achieve this?.. as i see on the grid. I need to change those 50 value to 20?

No matter what software you are using, the raw values will be identical since they're read directly from the ECU. As I mentioned in my post above, I have never modified the values before on my own GTiR so I can't say exactly what will work or not work on your car. If you decide to try this I would be *VERY* careful as retarding the timing more-and-more will heat your exhaust manifold to higher temperatures (but only on an in-gear deceleration with no throttle as otherwise this timing table will be ignored). Just adjust things slowly if you want to try it out.

Let us know how you get on  Cool 
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum