Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rolling road day

+2
Gaz GTiR
lenzo
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rolling road day  Empty Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 2:41 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Today put the r on the rollers for the first time after being built my spec is cp forge piston
brand new crank from nissan
acl bearing
arp rod bolts
helix competition 4 paddle clutch
tomei head gasket
hks cams
ported and polish head
tubular manifold
Precision pt6262
tial 38mm wastegate
full 3" turbo back exhaust
new oil pump and full gasket set
new chain and guides
new water pump
32 afm
lightweight pulley set
lightened and balanced flywheel
tomei rockers
hks front mount intercooler  live map on the road ..  So today I set of to the rolling road in Surrey the r felt like its on form today pulling well setting up my boost contoller raise the boost from 1.5 to 1.85 bar  .. My mate tag along in his r35 skyline we finally got there now we are up my mate with the skyline went first made 491bhp on standard form next its my turn my heart start racing thinking the worse lol she on the rollers strapped down here we go first run 3rd gear the r comes on full boost Then next a Big Bang my heart falls to the floor but all to be good news for me the roller gave up not my r Very Happy the guy said my r destroy his roller I just :)so on the way home had a little blast with my mate  r35 and I couldn't believe how easy I pulled away in 3rd gear my mate has got a little video of us too once I get it ill upload it

2Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 2:53 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Souds good mate, I can imagine how you felt when you heard the big bang Laughing Was it surry RR you broke? lol

3Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 2:57 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

nice one Twisted Evil 

4Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 5:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Phew that was lucky glad the rollers didnt take your r with it .... Shocked 

5Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 8:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

nice one lenny
be good to see what power she makes if you pop along to the rr day at street racers
credit where due you certainly know your stuff when it comes to cars so well dine fella

fyi this could well be the fastest gtir in the uk guys

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 9:06 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

that explains why it broke the rollers Razz 

7Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 9:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not if you bought that 1000bhp engine bob ..... or was it 1 zillion bhp i cant remember lol .... sound like jammin (ben) engine he had built albeit its a 2.35 ltr got competition .

8Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 9:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes lennys one of those people who don't say much just gets on and does the job in hand, hes a bloody clever geezer and a perfectionist too

certainly wouldn't surprise me if that cars pushing 600 horses

9Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 9:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wasnt taking the limelight off lenny ..... hats off to him it sounds like hes created a monster Wink 

10Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 9:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

lol he wold have been better off buying that engine coz it said 10000bhp Laughing 

11Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 17th August 2013, 11:06 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Hi gaz all I know them as heart break rollers !!
Cheers guys and I wanna say a massive thanks to bob because without his help on pointing me in the right way and how to build the lump my r wouldn't be I would have gave up after the car drop a valve.   Smile  

Nomad if we get another Essex meet going and I'm there take my r for a run and see the difference with the precision ..

The r ain't finish yet Some bits i can make better so soon taking her of the road I wanna change some parts go for a 4" maf and pipe work or run maf less the precision turbo pulls and pulls and seems not to get going then i run out of revs so I`m going to raise the rev limit to 9000 rpm so different head work needed then ill see how she feels after and mite raise the boost to 2bar with a 3.5" exhaust
 It would be good to see the different between my 2.0l and Ben 2.3 . I will try and make the rr day bob if my gearbox last that long Laughing 

12Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 19th August 2013, 1:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

your welcome with the advice len the main bit is the build which you did all yourself so give yourself a big pat on the back for building what appears to be a very strong lump.

as said youll need to do a fair bit of headwork to raise the rpm to 9k as rockers wont like that one little bit but you realise that anyway.

are you deffo going to rr day on the 1st then lenny?

13Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 19th August 2013, 4:53 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I hearing more about these precision turbos lately, are they just another producer of turbos like Garrett, Holder etc?

14Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 11:01 am

lenzo

lenzo

Bob I'm going to try get 1 more day of work I'm meant to be going back on the 31 of August ready for the 1st where I do 1 month on 1 month off I'm sadly coming to the end of my month off .. But I will try be good to see what power she is Very Happy                                                     The precision turbos are made from lots of other turbos my pt6262 will run over 700 bhp where my gt30 gtx won't

15Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 6:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

What did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

16Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 6:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id take a guess it was more than £2.50 pete Laughing 

17Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 7:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Bugger I've managed to scrape together £1.93 and a packet of hubba bubba Razz 

18Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 7:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I can sub you the 57p pete all i would take the hubba bubba in exchange but theres no point as its chew chew chew ooooh followed by dissapointment as the flavour runs down the road Laughing 

19Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 8:08 pm

lenzo

lenzo

What my complete build or just for the pt6262 ?

20Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 8:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Both lenny ?

21Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 9:40 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I was asking for the turbo but Leighton's greedy so both would be interesting Very Happy 

22Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 20th August 2013, 9:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive seen them priced between 900 -1400

23Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 21st August 2013, 9:41 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Helix clutch £500 New crank from nissan £700. Precision 6262 £700 The complete engine build 3500 and that with new crank

24Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 21st August 2013, 9:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That seems cheap for a turbo? I paid that for mine Shocked  Now you have a working car I hope to see you at the next car meet Wink 

25Rolling road day  Empty Re: Rolling road day 21st August 2013, 10:15 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Yeah got mine from the USA ... Yes I will be going to the next meet I'm trying to make the rr day on Sunday hopefully I can ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum