Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

arch replacement quote

+2
nomad
Digitalfaze
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1arch replacement quote Empty arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 1:26 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Got a quote from a company today for having both my arches redone, im thinking this is pretty expensive, whats your thoughts?

"I would charge approx £1200.00 no vat to pay to cut out and weld new rear arches in and prep, paint rear quarter panels in white and blend slightly into front doors to ensure colour match.

To paint whole car by means of a blow over you would be looking approx £2000 inc above."

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

2arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 1:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah that is well expensive .... if it was half that i would say its a fairish price .

3arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 1:51 pm

toaster55

toaster55

as above, £600 is what I paid for mine was quoted £450 to start but he did some other jobs aswell.

4arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 2:02 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

toaster55 wrote:as above, £600 is what I paid for mine was quoted £450 to start but he did some other jobs aswell.

was that for both arches welded in and painted etc? that sounds a bit more like it Smile i nearly threw up in my mouth when that quote came through lol

5arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 5:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I do a fair bit of welding repairs and on average garages charge between 40 to 60 per plate cant really count cutting out the rust as that part of the job tbh ... i wouldnt have the cheek to ask that kind of price i got quoted about 150 per side for abit of filler work and blowing the paint in so 300 per side is a fair price .

6arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 9:23 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Im in the process of having mine done at the min, £700 for new arches welded in, bogged & skimmed, & the whole car prepped ready for respray, which is reasonable id say, then paying £400 to body shop for it to be painted.

7arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 9:31 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Gaz GTiR wrote:Im in the process of having mine done at the min, £700 for new arches welded in, bogged & skimmed, & the whole car prepped ready for respray, which is reasonable id say, then paying £400 to body shop for it to be painted.

wow that sounds amazing. ill be looking for a better place as i think this guy pushing his luck

8arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 9:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

sounds alot no vat how ? on the other hand £2000 all in for work plus respray is fair these days but depends what they call blow over

9arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 9:44 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cash in hand job. frinds of freinds lol Wink

10arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 18th March 2013, 9:59 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

i ment digi quote mate as i read he did not know the person givin his quote. yours is good deal gaz

11arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 19th March 2013, 12:07 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

johnny gtir wrote:i ment digi quote mate as i read he did not know the person givin his quote. yours is good deal gaz

Ahh right lol, I did think it was abit steep untill i searched around for other quots, but best quote ive had so going to go with it. Smile

12arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 20th March 2013, 8:24 pm

lenzo

lenzo

i just had my rear arches both side replaced and a full respray my dad done mine so it was free Very Happy
i know for a respray will cost close to a £1000 and to have the rear arches replace and painted will cost 550 or less

13arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 20th March 2013, 9:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Others may disagree but not that cheap this way for a good job trouble is they can do pannels 60-100 per pannel or insurance work for a good respray there are hours n hours of prep

14arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 21st March 2013, 1:59 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

johnny gtir wrote:Others may disagree but not that cheap this way for a good job trouble is they can do pannels 60-100 per pannel or insurance work for a good respray there are hours n hours of prep

yeah i figured it would have to be an extra special job for £3200 for arches and full respray. ill shop around and see what other quotes come back with, maybe better if i find someone to weld the arches on then put it into a bodyshop for prep and painting or is it better to have the same company do all the work?

15arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 21st March 2013, 8:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

shit i read it wrong i thought he was wanting 1200 or 2000 if you got it all done not 3200 Embarassed

16arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 22nd March 2013, 12:30 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

johnny gtir wrote:shit i read it wrong i thought he was wanting 1200 or 2000 if you got it all done not 3200 Embarassed

yeah the 2k doesnt sound too bad but im assuming it is £3200 is the final price

17arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 22nd March 2013, 1:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You could buy another one for that Shocked

18arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 22nd March 2013, 1:44 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

nomad29 wrote:You could buy another one for that Shocked

i know lol its real funny as people have probably paid those crazy prices

19arch replacement quote Empty Re: arch replacement quote 22nd March 2013, 6:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You could just buy a secondhand mig welder and do the cutting out and welding yourself you would be suprised how easy welding is . Then leave the filler and paint work to the pro's

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum