Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insurance quote

+5
Animaldaz
johnny gtir
nomad
PartyPete
Thermal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Insurance quote Empty Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 10:49 am

Thermal

Thermal

Just had an insurance quote from SKY, I am currently with premium choice as an old customer, I have been with them for years with various cars.
I though I would give SKY a go but they were quoting £370, thats £75 more than I am currently paying for a 3K limited mileage policy. (which I am quite happy with)
SKY did say don't bother looking elsewhere, my premium was pretty unbeatable?

Is it a myth that some people seem to get super low premiums, or are they telling porky's, I have tried footman james ETC in the past all too pricey, I am a bit of an old GIT, full NCB ETC.

2Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 10:54 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Have you tried peter James? That's who I'm with on a classic policy and no body has beaten them yet!

3Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 12:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was with sky for a couple of years first year got it for 400 then after the first it went like 660 wich i took begrudgingly as couldnt be arsed to shop around then tried to hit me with 900 .... i told them to go fook themselves and been trade ever since ....

4Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 1:34 pm

I was with sky for a few years then into the third years renewal it nearly doubled in price
Told as they did you there quote was unbeatable and gues what it wasn't phoned a few places most of them were lower

5Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 1:47 pm

Thermal

Thermal

I tried Peter James last year, none could beat the quote from my current insurer, I though I would be low risk due to age,NCB, limited mileage, car garaged ETC, I must have a dodgy postcode or something.
Basically I am paying less for my everyday car thats worth 5 times as much and doing 12K miles a year commuting ETC, just don't seem to add up.

6Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 2:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They just dont give you the incentive to stay with them .... think they just presume your go ok il just renew ..... have you tried adrian flux as they do a modified discount .... also tiger ....

7Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 3:13 pm

Thermal

Thermal

All sorted, just got a confused.com quote from Insure Wiser, £9500, bargain !

8Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 4:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats a bargain lol ....

9Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 20th June 2014, 5:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

yep sky have a habbit of this but argue and they do fully cover all mods which is a big bonus. I dount think many classic insurances do as the car is supposed to be standard

10Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 11:11 am

Animaldaz

nomad wrote:I was with sky for a couple of years first year got it for 400 then after the first it went like 660  wich i took begrudgingly as couldnt be arsed to shop around then tried to hit me with 900 .... i told them to go fook themselves and been trade ever since ....

Leighton who is your trade policy with and how much are you paying?

11Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 4:06 pm

grim_d

grim_d

I'm not looking forward to my renewal next year but have to say sky have been fantastic with dealing with a claim. They are a broker in the end though so is your luck which company you actually get insured with.

12Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 4:53 pm

Animaldaz wrote:
nomad wrote:I was with sky for a couple of years first year got it for 400 then after the first it went like 660  wich i took begrudgingly as couldnt be arsed to shop around then tried to hit me with 900 .... i told them to go fook themselves and been trade ever since ....

Leighton who is your trade policy with and how much are you paying?

I'd do a lot of homework if I was you if your going for a trader policy I know quite a few people who have trader policy's and ended up in trouble using it

13Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 5:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well im with A-class (tradewise) wich have always been good .... i pay 600 a year with ademitiey of 5000.... my policy is a part time trader as i do alot of work on cars in what spare time i have inc weekends and was upfront with my insurance ... plus having a couple of cars including my pulsar on my policy so its all above board for me ....

14Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 5:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Plus now you have to prove you are working with reciepts ... invoices etc ...

15Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 8:10 pm

Animaldaz

nomad wrote:Well im with A-class (tradewise) wich  have always been good .... i pay 600 a year with ademitiey of 5000.... my policy is a part time trader as i do alot of work on cars in what spare time i have inc weekends and was upfront with my insurance ... plus having a couple of cars including my pulsar on my policy  so its all above board for me ....

My situation is similar, I am a mechanic but I want the insurance for the private work I do and ill need it to cover all my cars too. I wont be telling any porkies, when I find time to ring round ill just be honest about the cover I need so if a trade policy isnt suitable then ill find out.

16Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 8:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il drop you a pm with the number daz .... the bloke who i deal with is ollie nice and helpfull ...

17Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 8:30 pm

Animaldaz

[/quote]

I'd do a lot of homework if I was you if your going for a trader policy I know quite a few people who have trader policy's and ended up in trouble using it[/quote]

What sort of problems did they have?

nomad wrote:Il drop you a pm with the number  daz .... the bloke who i deal with is ollie  nice and helpfull ...

Thanks Leighton

18Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 8:35 pm

One had insurance cancelled as he was just insuring the same cars so decided he wasn't a trader
Another was done for no insurance in Scotland driving a car that should have been covered but he was stopped by the police in Scotland and his insurance company said he wasn't covered gave no reason for it

19Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 9:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

With a trade policy you need to update all the vehicles you own with the mid insurance database if you don't technically those vehicles aren't covered
Also there are exclusions to some types of vehicles such as the gtr and other super cars, they would cover third party in an accident but you'll get nothing for the car so you need to make 100% sure on what your covered to drive and what your not.
That's why my gtr is insured on a separate policy as they won't cover it on the traders

Many companies now are also wanting proof that you are a trading company so will ask for invoices ect as proof of trading

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 9:30 pm

Animaldaz

Thanks for the info lads, Ill look into it properly .
Leighton your policy sounds like the sort of thing I need.

21Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 9:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As bob said if your trading in cars then keep up with the mid database otherwise you can come unstuck as i nearly found out the hard way .... cars that you own (personaly) are registered on your policy ....as i dont trade in cars i mostly service/repair i do alot of welding so i have a carbon copy reciept book that i use mostly for records ....

22Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 9:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

most people only get a problem when making a claim.
Some things they may require is proof of trade registration with local council & home premises approved for business use (if working from home).
As Leighton points out they also want evidence of book keeping, billing, invoices & so forth. Some also require evidence of professional competence such as RTITB certificates, city & guilds & so forth.
Worth reading through the small print & being 100% upfront or things can be nasty when a claim is needed.
Some trade policies have a lot of restrictions on import & modified cars so overall they don't come super cheap for good cover.

23Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 10:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Plus they will only ever pay out trade price on a car if you did have to claim so if it's a customers car you've wrapped or whatever you could be liable for the shortfall if they took you to court

The idea is never make a claim unless you absolutely have to

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

24Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 10:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

We are making traders insurance sound so attractive  Laughing also one thing to bare in mind is domestic ncb does not carry over to a traders policy or vice versa so 3 yrs on trade and you have lost your ncb ....

25Insurance quote Empty Re: Insurance quote 21st June 2014, 10:53 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I'm £240 a year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum