Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

front right driveshaft

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1front right driveshaft Empty front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 1:17 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Well I'v found that my front right d/s has twisted slightly making a dodgy knocking sounds when on slight throttle so need a new one, Bob I will send you a pm to see if you have any in stock if not then does anyone know where I can get one.

Cheers rich.

2front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 4:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bobs away gettin a tan. .... Is it the cv joint that fooked?

3front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 5:15 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Tbh all I know is its the d/s at the moment its either the cv or uv joint but its getting more noticable now so needs doing soon

4front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 5:18 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Got a feeling it probly is the cv joint n they arent expensive so will have the wheel off thursday as dont think I'm going in and I'll have a proper dig around see wats up with it

5front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 5:27 pm

EvilDes

EvilDes

I had a similar issue not so long back, changed cv joint and all was good!

6front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 6:26 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

do be careful and be sure its the joint as my mum actually snapped the driveshaft on her 1.6 primera the other week Shocked mechanic said he hadn't seen one snap since he worked on rally cars 20 years ago

7front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 6:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

was goin to say the shafts are strong and both dannys with big power and lots of torqe and a couple of others i know running big bhp have never twisted a shaft as far as i know. only way they brake is crashing so as others say check cv joint mate. Let me know where and price of a new one if you buy one please

wrote as you replied bebb snaped affraid

8front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 7:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You should be able to feel the play in the joint i did in mine it sort of feels abit sloppy. its normally more noticeable when turning as its the time its most under strain.

9front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 7:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

This is where rob got hes from http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=130355582611 cheapest i have seen about.
And heres where i got mine from. ..
http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=1434&cat=87&sub=119&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

10front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 7:50 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

As said before its from the sprint day when I handbrake turned a 180 corner ont he small curcuit and it started at that exact moment so would you all say CV joints or whole shaft?

11front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 8th January 2013, 8:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would say joint over a shaft its more weaker... But you really need to look at it and inspect it overall as we all can only speculate from past experiances.

12front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 7:47 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I shall whip it out and inspect it over weekend then

13front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 8:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You should be able to reach your hand round aslong as the r isnt to low if so jack it up a little and give it a wiggle obviously your have the other side to compare to also jack it up turn the steering full lock then turn the wheel slowly while pushing the driveshaft up and down you maybe able to feel it notching kinda thing. ...if its fooked its not that hard to do its an hour job at the most mate.

14front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 9:14 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Erm my R is about 2in off the deck at the front so need to jack it up

15front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 9:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol great for speed bumps then. .... If turns out to be cv joint and your stuck with it just drop round and il give you a hand to do it. ... Im sure your be sound with it though theres a how to on the forum i did fella. Just dont pull the driveshaft out lol

16front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 9:30 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

yea sounds like a mini road trip, and yea the car needs new front suspension really as it is too low for the road, it needs a new sump as its slightly stoved in and the front crossmember and exhaust have been slightly flattened

17front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 9th January 2013, 9:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What suspension have you got rich. ... I have a standard set of springs and also a set of spax. Although i would think the spax would be probably worse as they are the 70mm/40mm set or may be even 90mm/40mm cant remember when i bought them.

18front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 10th January 2013, 1:20 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I'v got GAB adjustables on whiteline lowering springs but as far as I know its only preload adjustable on the tops, I think its been lowered 70/40 tbf i think the whole car could do with putting back to standard and me starting again as its been fecked around with and bodged more times than I care to mention I think

19front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 10th January 2013, 8:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They are the dampers with the softer /harder settings on the top. ... You want to stick it all back to standard and start again. Thats a costly way of doing things .. What mods does it have rich?

20front right driveshaft Empty Re: front right driveshaft 11th January 2013, 9:18 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Theres a fair amount I think but cant remember off top of head I'll have to dig out the spec sheet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum