Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

****Driveshaft rubber boots.*****

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 5:25 pm

Oli-R

Another question for all you, need to change me driveshaft rubber boots so I know they have the metal clamps on them but do they come off and can they be replaced? And if not is it just easier to pick up two new shafts from bobby boy? Cheers olly p.s I wrote back on the ecu discussion any help be great!.

2****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 6:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Rubber boots are availble  mate  only one i had trouble finding was the tripod joint gaitor wich was the nsf inner  so check wich driveshaft type you have as i believe theres a couple of variants ...  metal clips  i normally just cut them off and throw them in the bin lol i use the heavier  duty cable ties ......look in the useful links section as i put up links for parts inc cv boots .

3****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 6:59 pm

Oli-R

Brilliant cheers mate appreciate it.

4****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 7:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No worries mate  happy to help Wink

5****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 7:23 pm

Oli-R

So what spec your pulsar then? U got any pics?

6****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 7:36 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Outer normally easy as common part and stocked in ADL SolidAce, FirstLine etc. Inner boot stock can be more issue but same boot as 180sx s13, Vanette cargo & Serena to mention but a few so any decent local factors will have them or get um reasonably quickly if staff on the ball.
Most kits come with new metal clamps but I use stainless steel self locking ties (bit like a cable tie) but stronger although good nylon ties will work fine on good fitting boots.

7****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** Empty Re: ****Driveshaft rubber boots.***** 9th September 2013, 9:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Last time i spoke to adl they had stopped production  in the uk  as i chased my arse off to find one .....then i used the link i put up in useful links section got it in days ...but as you say they are the same as other cars .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum