Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

headlight bulb options

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1headlight bulb options Empty headlight bulb options 7th December 2012, 11:25 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

As there are alot of unlit roads near our house want to invest in some bright bulbs.. Now how bright can i go legally and how bright can i go illegally...
Would need two sets of bulbs a the evo's lights ain't great.

2headlight bulb options Empty Re: headlight bulb options 7th December 2012, 11:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I guess your best option would be hid's for super bright im not sure if they are road legal if they are not an oe product from factory remember reading somewhere about mot time etc not sure if these rules apply to you aswell seeing as you in iow

3headlight bulb options Empty Re: headlight bulb options 8th December 2012, 8:19 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

again prob not legal but i use normal bulbs but there 100w on full beam.Word of warning but i have had it on normal standard bulbs one of the connectors melted probably due to bad connection more than anything

4headlight bulb options Empty Re: headlight bulb options 8th December 2012, 9:21 am

id be careful with using higher power bulbs as they do have tend to melt the connectors.there are some ceramic connectors on ebay but not used them so not sure how good they are

rob

5headlight bulb options Empty Re: headlight bulb options 8th December 2012, 9:49 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I personally wouldnt use 100w bulbs as the original wiring loom was built for the 55w bulbs, id be worried about the chance of burning out the loom. I stuck a set of Osram Nightbreakers in a few years ago and there was a noticable difference. They do have a newer version out which i have seen and they appear to be even better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum