Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

clutch options

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1clutch options Empty clutch options 14th March 2015, 12:23 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Looking for some advice and feedback from who's tried what or what to avoid.

At the moment I have a sprung 6puk competition clutch and although awesome on track it's horrible on the road and If honest I actually hate driving the car on the road.
Clutch has probably done around 2k miles and has loads of life let but I want to out it while the engines out.

Car is never going to have monster power so only needs to be rated around 330-350 area but would like a standardish pedal feel.

As my knowledge is limited can you simply use a standard pressure plate and buy a face plate or is it not that simple. Are pressure plates rated so you can tell how heavy the pedal is going to feel?

Have a standard fly wheel which had a very light skim so will have this checked before fitting the new clutch as well.

2clutch options Empty Re: clutch options 14th March 2015, 12:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Helix HD organic, pedal is bit heavier but good clutch & good on road & handle our power easily. CC clutch could be bit cheaper for segmented organic but helix is well rated buy R owners. Do it right do it once, make sure you got strengthened release arm & ball pivot in good order or change for nismo or drift works item, pedal support bracket too if not got one.
Should be able sell your 6puk to help balance cost a bit ...

3clutch options Empty Re: clutch options 15th March 2015, 12:24 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Give me a shout Mark as I may swap it for something more suitable to your needs assuming it is the sprung type Wink
Ultimately it's the pressure plate which determines how heavy the pedal is because that is the clamping force..........so more clamping pressure means stiffer pedal.
The puks determine how grabby the clutch will be and can take a little getting used to especially in slow moving traffic, the lesser the puks the more grabby it will be

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content