Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More power....

+9
shroom
Mr B
toaster55
FPSChris
johnny gtir
Gostek
Ryaneg6freak
Zia
BEBB GTIR
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 2:55 pm

mike74

mike74

Have you thought about running a lightweight flywheel & pulleys Tom? That would free up a little power and make the engine feel 'snappier'

27More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 4:23 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Was advised against it by a few people so never bothered

28More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 7:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

depends on exact use of car to extent but not really a huge benefit on an average more road orientated R, If current flywheel is good enough it can be skimmed & lightened slightly if wanted.
wouldn't lighten it very much though & same if buy one, don't go too light.
Standard flywheel is about 9kg, decent machineshop should get standard to low 7kg, If buying lightened I wouldn't go lighter than low 5kg.
like most things you gain & loose. With clutch engaged you have a lot of inertia through all the 4wd transmission & wheels. with clutch disengaged the engines inertia very much depends on the flywheel.
Certainly can make difference in way engine increases revs but can make car less smooth at low revs/ low revs & high gear.

29More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 8:58 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Mr B wrote:depends on exact use of car to extent but not really a huge benefit on an average more road orientated R, If current flywheel is good enough it can be skimmed & lightened slightly if wanted.
wouldn't lighten it very much though & same if buy one, don't go too light.
Standard flywheel is about 9kg, decent machineshop should get standard to low 7kg, If buying lightened I wouldn't go lighter than low 5kg.
like most things you gain & loose. With clutch engaged you have a lot of inertia through all the 4wd transmission & wheels. with clutch disengaged the engines inertia very much depends on the flywheel.
Certainly can make difference in way engine increases revs but can make car less smooth at low revs/ low revs & high gear.

Yeah what Mr B says haha Very Happy

Had flywheel skimmed anyways as it had heat cracks in it so prob half a kg lighter than standard

30More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 11th July 2019, 1:40 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Lightweight flywheel is the best value mod I have done in 13 years of daily driver ownership... Had the flywheel in for 3 years now. Hassle free and cheap, great low rpm acceleration gains Smile

I wrote about it here:
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6728-lightweight-flywheel-competition-clutch

I also noticed my smaller front mount intercooler is better than the old massive one I had. It is much closer to original top mount capacity, which is where the car was designed to be anyway, but with the benefits of front mount cooling... Just drives better, better throttle response, no bhp gains but defo gains torque lower down as the turbo spools sooner.

FPSChris, sorry the "lag and drama" has been greatly reduced Sad

31More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 8th November 2019, 3:39 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Just want to ask another stupid question LOL

On a cold morning the car is sluggish, doesn't boost aswell as normal. Now it's probably down to all the fluids being cold oil, water gearbox etc but could there be a negative effect front having a large intercooler fitted especially in the winter? Can you have too cold intake air temp which messes up the boost?

32More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 9th November 2019, 11:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not actual intake temp. but likely everything else cold rad etc so car will take long time to get up to temp like you say worst case fuelling could be out abit if it’s super cold. Do you run heat range 8 plugs ?
I could be wrong mind

33More power.... - Page 2 Empty Re: More power.... 10th November 2019, 8:11 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Yes cold the right plugs Johnny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum