Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More power....

+9
shroom
Mr B
toaster55
FPSChris
johnny gtir
Gostek
Ryaneg6freak
Zia
BEBB GTIR
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1More power.... Empty More power.... 20th June 2019, 3:39 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

So maybe a daft question and hundreds of us have asked this over the years but......

How to get more power from a good engine setup already or more what I'm asking how can I/ we utilise what power our engines are already running?

Don't want big turbo!.... As this causes more hassle than it's worth.....

I'm thinking small things

Any ideas lads?

2More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 20th June 2019, 5:04 pm

Zia

Without knowing your current power,setup hard to say,
usually more power will involve either increasing air flow,or denser air into the engine, good mapping can eek out a few more bhp by adding few degree of timing,with slight richer a/f

Zia

3More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 20th June 2019, 5:46 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

CNC ported head, bigger cams, modern ECU tuning. Those are your biggest gains.

4More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 20th June 2019, 8:12 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

BEBB GTIR wrote:

Why not? And what hassle?? Best thing you can do is throw standard turbo away and replace it with something modern that's not older in design than me... Something like gtx2867 gen 2 that is good for 400+ yet gives you nice response. Pair that up with decent ecu and you won't recognise your car...

5More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 6:31 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Gostek wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote:

Why not? And what hassle?? Best thing you can do is throw standard turbo away and replace it with something modern that's not older in design than me... Something like gtx2867 gen 2 that is good for 400+ yet gives you nice response. Pair that up with decent ecu and you won't recognise your car...

Already got GT2860RS fitted Mike

Looking at going down the 3 inch turbo elbow route for starters
And bought a smoke tester machine as think I've got a few air leaks so that's the next job

6More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 9:26 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What smoke tester you got ?
Mike is right built right there hassle free
Only thing I never got away with was stainless manifold and I did brace mine but maybe not enough good standard ported is enough for me

7More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 10:24 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Gostek wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote:

Do they still give you the 90s turbo lag?
I don't like modern turbo's. I prefer the lag and drama.
If I wanted to negate it, I'd use anti lag on a switch.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

8More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 4:30 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

I'll post pics of smoke tester Johnny once it comes, can't remember name of it

Turbo will have to wait, gonna either get AM performance 2.5 elbow and down pipe or 3 inch elbow, getting a friend of mine to make me an alloy induction pipe same size as turbo inlet probably 4 inch or summit near

9More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 5:09 pm

toaster55

toaster55

I'd love an ecu with antilag but I'll just have to stick with my nistune for now Sad

10More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 5:13 pm

toaster55

toaster55

BEBB GTIR wrote:I'll post pics of smoke tester Johnny once it comes, can't remember name of it

Turbo will have to wait, gonna either get AM performance 2.5 elbow and down pipe or 3 inch elbow, getting a friend of mine to make me an alloy induction pipe same size as turbo inlet probably 4 inch or summit near

Just made myself a 3 inch intake pipe with all the take offs and then powder coated it wrinkle finish black so it looks like standard as I don't like all the blingy bits under bonnet.

11More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 5:19 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

toaster55 wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote:I'll post pics of smoke tester Johnny once it comes, can't remember name of it

Just made myself a 3 inch intake pipe with all the take offs and then powder coated it wrinkle finish black so it looks like standard as I don't like all the blingy bits under bonnet.

Sounds good you got a pic?

You willing to sell and make yourself another one lol

12More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 9:27 pm

toaster55

toaster55

I'll try and get a pic, over the next few days, and no I'm not selling as it took me bloody ages to get it all to fit nice. Lol

13More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 21st June 2019, 9:28 pm

toaster55

toaster55

I'll try and get a pic, over the next few days, and no I'm not selling as it took me bloody ages to get it all to fit nice. Lol

14More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 6:03 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

FPSChris wrote:
Gostek wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote:

Do they still give you the 90s turbo lag?
I don't like modern turbo's. I prefer the lag and drama.
If I wanted to negate it, I'd use anti lag on a switch.

Each to their own I guess... I can't stand laggy turbos on street cars... loads of nothing then you hit 5k rpm 2 seconds of fun and you need to brake for traffic lights or something.... Oh and antilag on gtir is not rly that easy... It's very hard to bypass 4 throttles with enough air that leaves you throttle kicker ( no idea what to use for that) or secondary air injection... I'm working on doing sai using evo valve just can't get on with doing pipes to it and moding exhaust mani

Tom I'm in a process of kicking my mates ass to finally get on with making 3 inch split elbow and downpipe (similar to am performance)... once he'll make 1st one I know price etc...

And is it me or actually didn't say what sort of power goal you've got in mind?

15More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 8:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

you way better off with a 3" elbow over the split pipe .
modern small turbos way to go especially on road, on a road car antilag is mainly a gimmick or patch up for bad turbo system choices/design .
other useful areas is water/meth injection making most of cooling and increasing fuel octane allowing safe and easy power gains from ignition mapping, spending on a modena front diff and proper decent suspension as that massive gains in making most of the power and big transformation in cars ability .

16More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 8:28 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Mr B wrote:you way better off with a 3" elbow over the split pipe .
Fine I'm not making any Razz Razz

17More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 8:56 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

what happened to the east european chap, his last batch of 3" elbows was excellent quality and design for standard replacement .

18More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 9:07 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Mr B wrote:what happened to the east european chap, his last batch of 3" elbows was excellent quality and design for standard replacement .
Bogdan is not making them anymore He's selling his pulsar as well. There's less and less people that actually make anything for pulsars nowadays and to be honest I slowly start understanding it why...

19More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 22nd June 2019, 10:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Surprised he ain't doing them as he in fabrication business and done all the jig work for it .
His manifold and exhaust work was top effort at sensible cost .
I still find it surprising what is being done for pulsars considering very small numbers and differing tuning tastes .

20More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 23rd June 2019, 1:11 am

shroom

shroom

Cus there shit init.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

21More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 23rd June 2019, 6:13 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im not sure which way it will go in the future, I was hoping with the price increase some people would be more interested in making stuff for them

22More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 23rd June 2019, 8:06 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Keep kicking his arse Mike, we need people to keep making custom parts...

Would anyone be interested in 3inch intake pipes? Once I've got my friend making me one he might as well make a couple more?

23More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 23rd June 2019, 10:55 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would of said best years of batch tuning parts are over, price increase will encourage more standard cars and people be less inclined with heavy tuning, some innovation still likely come from few enthusiasts .
It not so much you can't get anything made but more a case of doing it one off is spendy .
As it ages further concern and money will be on shell panels and body trim parts.

24More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 8:41 am

mike74

mike74

I've got a Bogdan 3" elbow on mine...just saying tongue

25More power.... Empty Re: More power.... 24th June 2019, 1:20 pm

DC313

DC313

mike74 wrote:I've got a Bogdan 3" elbow on mine...just saying  tongue

Ha Show off!

I've still got all the CAD parts ready to go to production of the 3" elbow, if there are a few peoples interestered I can get a few quotes in?

Happy to help out with any other custom fab parts if anyone needs anything Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum