Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

went for a power run

+2
Stu
mc_hawkings24
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1went for a power run Empty went for a power run 27th March 2016, 12:55 am

mc_hawkings24

went for a power run V5dc8o
went for a power run 2nsxvkz

I thought i'd get the fuelling checked before i go to nurburg in may. It was ok.

Bolt on bits a sort of hybrid turbo, turbo elbow, exhaust and 1bar pikey loop mod.

Last edited by mc_hawkings24 on 27th March 2016, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

2went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 10:25 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

285hp is a nice figure for 1bar
Its always good to have the fueling checked when running more boost.
Just shows that you don't need to pay someone £720 to install a chip and map it to what the standard ecu is already mapped to!
For the life of me I don't get why people pay to have someone setup 1bar when all they need to do is the loop and have it on the rollers to check the fueling is okay...

3went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 12:23 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Is that the Bogdan elbow mate, from the no sense of humour thread Laughing

4went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 12:30 pm

mc_hawkings24

He probably would make more if he has an elbow put on as i think it's just downpipe back but if he's happy thats cool. I have had abit more of a fiddle with mine though so may have increased my chances.

I would take rollers with a pinch of salt as there just a ball park figure, it's if you notice a difference on the road that matters. I was also at bob's last year and i asked about mapping but he said he could get 300 easy with a fpr and abit more fuel which really surprised me as i thought you needed a remap. I was only looking at mapping because of the horrendous fuel it used but turned out to be a collapsed carbon canister.

Last edited by mc_hawkings24 on 27th March 2016, 12:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

5went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 12:35 pm

mc_hawkings24

Oooh the lost humour lol no it's not a bogdan elbow, i bought the blackpool ebay elbow but it's doing the job.

6went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 1:33 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Out of interest how did you know the carbon canister had collapsed?

7went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 2:22 pm

mc_hawkings24

Bob said to check it. I could hear extreme pressure going through the fuel lines under the canister and it idled very lumpy and stunk of fuel. I took it off and it sounded like a maraca where the canister had collapsed.

8went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 8:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im no expert but 14.6 flat out sounds lean to me? I thought under wide open throttle you would want to see around 11?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

9went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 9:12 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

mc_hawkings24 wrote:Bob said to check it. I could hear extreme pressure going through the fuel lines under the canister and it idled very lumpy and stunk of fuel. I took it off and it sounded like a maraca where the canister had collapsed.

Never heard of that before, it mustn't happen that often

10went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 27th March 2016, 9:34 pm

mc_hawkings24

pulsarmoley wrote:Im no expert but 14.6 flat out sounds lean to me? I thought under wide open throttle you would want to see around 11?

Yup i've looked at the wrong line. Its 13.5 then flat out 10.5

11went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 29th March 2016, 9:22 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ah that's good then

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

12went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 30th March 2016, 8:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that figure is a tad on the low side given the hybrid tubby and 3'' elbow but not a million miles away but could get more by playing around with a few settings, but at least its safe.

whp isn't a guesstimate on dyno btw, its flywheel power that is a calculated guess, the power your putting on the road is what counts at end of the day.
Also far to many people get caught up with bhp figures when the one that really matters is the given torque figure and how the torque curve is held and for how long before it tails off, this denotes how the car will perform, on the road

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13went for a power run Empty Re: went for a power run 31st March 2016, 12:53 pm

mc_hawkings24

But would the figures only be accurate if the dyno has been calibrated? I need to put the heat shield back on as i left it off by mistake and it's heating up the intercooler pipe and it's pretty noticable. I'm fitting the boost controller i got off you bob then up it a tad and roller it again and see if it's still ok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum