Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest project-something different

+3
mike74
johnny gtir
BEBB GTIR
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Latest project-something different Empty Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 5:56 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

So with the shit weather recently, I thought what can I spend abit of time making, so I've had a look in my spares pile and got some bits out..

Latest project-something different Image52

Latest project-something different Image53

Just short of a few bits :
bumper support bracket
upper apron lip (between bumper and lights)
got brand new bumper but might need a cut front bumper?
Front hubs complete with bearings and wheel studs

Let me know if you have these bits

But can anyone guess what I'm gonna make?

2Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 6:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

A pulsar replica that you can bend females over

3Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 7:25 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Lol Mmm not yet Johnny ????

4Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 8:25 pm

mike74

mike74

Bbq? For spit roasting the ladies :p

5Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 8:48 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Razz Razz good idea but don't think the missus won't approve haha

6Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 14th March 2019, 9:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Always wanted to make a glass table and use my new block as a base. Been asparky add lights. Yours could be a desk but don’t think you would need front hubs.

I Said i wanted to make a pick up pulsar with pulsar trailer to tow

7Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 15th March 2019, 7:36 am

DC313

DC313

A bit of Pulsar front end wall art??

8Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 15th March 2019, 7:55 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Ive always wanted a proper desk but without cutting a pulsar in 2, so I'm using the front panel and lights from my 1st ever car which was a sunny, bits that I've collected to make it into a pulsar but I want some hubs as I'm gonna fit 2 alloys to make it more realistic.

Desk is gonna be made from an old kitchen worktop a friend gave me which is solid beech wood, the inside of the engine bay I'm gonna try and close it off with ply board and felt for storage and then I'm gonna get a transformer so the lights, horn and radio can all be working from a mains socket.

Biggest job is paint, I want it done right and I want it in the rally colours so that's gonna cost me, but at least I'll have spares for my car in the future

Will keep you all updated having tomorrow making the frame

9Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 15th March 2019, 8:48 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

mike74 wrote:Bbq? For spit roasting the ladies :p

Gold you the man

10Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 16th March 2019, 3:52 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

So really shit day weather wise so thought I'd get on with the new desk

Got some box steel from a local firm just off cuts for £15 for around 5 meters

Made a frame using my grandads 50 year old arc welder Laughing (arc all the way) Very Happy  , started from the bottom up, measured a couple of times but more by eye and set squares tbh lol

Just need a few more bits, turn it over and finish welding, will start on the axle this week

Latest project-something different Image60

Latest project-something different Image58

Latest project-something different Image59

Latest project-something different Image61

Latest project-something different Image62

11Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 21st March 2019, 9:19 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Cool, but an absolute waste of a brand new uncut bumper that's now worth a bloody fortune

12Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 21st March 2019, 9:54 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This is so cool, would be perfect for a BBQ aswell thumbsup

13Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 21st March 2019, 11:46 am

mike74

mike74

that already looks better than the front end of my R! Sad
bet it doesn't smoke as much either

14Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 21st March 2019, 1:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Needs a front exit exhaust Twisted Evil maybe not through that bumper tho

15Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 21st March 2019, 4:20 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks lads, to be honest all the bits are lying in the shed on the floor, can't find the bits I need so it's more of a tidy up really, getting painted the same as the white car so I can use the panels in the future.

Will have another day on it hopefully get the lights working next week, already made the desk as it hinges and legs fold away.....

Why do people have a fetish when it comes to uncut bumpers, I had 4 messages on Facebook with lads saying don't cut it I'll swap or buy, you can still get these from Nissan no problems???

Might put a video up of cutting one or as Johnny says front exit exhaust bet I would be banned from all clubs and FB pages haha

16Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 23rd March 2019, 10:45 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

BEBB GTIR wrote:Thanks lads, to be honest all the bits are lying in the shed on the floor, can't find the bits I need so it's more of a tidy up really, getting painted the same as the white car so I can use the panels in the future.

Will have another day on it hopefully get the lights working next week, already made the desk as it hinges and legs fold away.....

Why do people have a fetish when it comes to uncut bumpers, I had 4 messages on Facebook with lads saying don't cut it I'll swap or buy, you can still get these from Nissan no problems???

Might put a video up of cutting one or as Johnny says front exit exhaust bet I would be banned from all clubs and FB pages haha

No you can not. They've been discontinued for over a year now.  Believe me, I've tried.

Latest project-something different Gtir_f10

17Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 23rd March 2019, 10:56 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

There were on eBay uk a month or so ago

18Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 23rd March 2019, 11:24 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

If that were the case they were either used or new old stock. Nissan Japan has discontinued them, and no amount of begging will bring them back (I also tried that lmao), rear bumpers are still a go though, at $577 each!

19Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 23rd March 2019, 10:09 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Had a bit of late night tonight, nothing on tv so got into workshop put radio on and cracked on with workstation!

Bought a pair of cheap gas struts off eBay, got them fitted.. Much better than banging your head whilst welding  Embarassed

Hubs arrived yesterday, managed to get new bolts today from local hydraulic shop so made the axle tonight, just need to weld on the bracket tomorrow and sort out tracking!? Razz ( sort out tracking on a desk WTF!!)

Latest project-something different Image63

Latest project-something different Image67

Latest project-something different Image64

Latest project-something different Image65

Latest project-something different Image66

Fitted my old Inovit alloys off GTIR

Latest project-something different Image68

Latest project-something different Image69

Also managed to make 2 swinging legs for desktop, just need 2 hinges for worktop so that drops out of the way in front of the legs

Latest project-something different Image71

Latest project-something different Image72

Latest project-something different Image70

So loads happened in a short space of time, transformer has turned up aswell so gonna sort electrics this week, body panels are going to body shop next week so will keep you all updated

Thanks

20Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 24th March 2019, 8:49 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

awesome mate thumbsup

21Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 24th March 2019, 10:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

lol, got be one of a kind :-)

22Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 24th March 2019, 9:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yea seen plenty mini ones etc never a R

23Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 25th March 2019, 10:56 am

DC313

DC313

Awesome work! Really progressed well over the weekend!

24Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 25th March 2019, 6:29 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks lads will look awesome (hopefully) Shocked

25Latest project-something different Empty Re: Latest project-something different 15th June 2019, 10:38 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Workstation coming on now just a few more jobs and a few items to fit...

Latest project-something different Image83

Latest project-something different Image84

Latest project-something different Image85

Latest project-something different Image87

Latest project-something different Image86

Latest project-something different Image88

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum